is my drake influencing his son?

quackkquack_

Songster
Jun 30, 2022
So I'm back with Buzzard.. ever since his mate, Newt died, hes grown very protective of his kids, Fawn, Pike and Tokki.
He didn't attack me as much as he used to but he started back up but its been off and on, I usually don't get attacked unless my hands are near him, he just runs up to me and stares at me.
But since the other day, Tokki has started attacking me. Tokki was the sweetest little boy ever but now for some reason hes just being so mean. He didn't bite hard, at first it tickled but as the days went on it started to hurt worse, now I have a bruise on my hand. When I was trying to get out of their enclosure, he followed me and grabbed onto my hand. I had to pick him up and toss him back in two times before I could close the door in time.
What I did notice is that when Tokki attacked me the past two times, Buzzard at first tried to attack me too but then he would attack Tokki, he'd grab onto his neck and his back and I'd have to get him off of Tokki while also getting Tokki off of me.
The two boys don't really attack each other, the only things I see is sometimes they'll lightly snap their beaks at each other, sometimes their faces or necks but the girls do that too I guess as to clean each other? Not sure but they aren't harming each other.
I'm not sure if Buzzard influenced Tokki despite the fact he hasn't really been attacking me and I'm definitely not sure why Buzzard would be attacking Tokki when Tokki attacks me..

yeah, probably.
I think ducks can influence other ducks to bad behavior, or good behavior. I know they influenced each other as far as finding the food or learning the calls for treats, they see the others running to do some thing, and they follow along. and I frequently see my goose influencing my gander to be a bad boy.

yeah, probably.
I think ducks can influence other ducks to bad behavior, or good behavior. I know they influenced each other as far as finding the food or learning the calls for treats, they see the others running to do some thing, and they follow along. and I frequently see my goose influencing my gander to be a bad boy.
Dang that sucks, Tokki was the sweetest out of all of my ducks..

Back
Top Bottom