How to get humidity up?

Hi. I've been reading people's post and replys. But I need help. This is my first time and it's end of day 19. And my humidity is at 60% I fill it Wth water. Have yo open bc I don't have anything to put in the hole. But it does not effect it. But is 60/65% OK???

60/65% is not bad. I personally do hatch at 75%. If you have to open it to add water it's fine. Just be quick and open as little as possible. Your humidity will come back up. Even if you have chicks that have pipped you will be fine to open the Bator every once in a while to add water/remove a chick. If you don't get your humidity above 60% I would not make it a habit to open it though. Adding a wet sponge is the fastest and easiest way I have found. But if you use it it will dry out and you will have to re wet. I would have another one ready to go so all you have to do is take out the dry one and add the wet one. Make sure it is a new clean sponge to avoid Bacteria.

I'm assuming by now it has come back up? If the washcloth was moist it should have raised the humidity. When you open the Bator it will lower it for a short time because you opened the lid and that moisture escaped. If your humidity remained low or continued to fall you may want to see if your hygrometer is accurate. Do you have any condensation on the Windows? That usually occurs at about 80% humidity (I'm not talking about just a small amount around the edges but actually on the Windows).

Well itit didn't go up as much as I wasted, but it went up to 60-63% and yes I have one. Its built into the incubator. Yes I have actually quite a bite have way on one side and a quarter way on the otber. Do u think it's wrong? Should I take out one of the cloths?

A lot of times the thermometers and Hygrometers that are built into the bators are not accurate. I would finish this hatch out and then get another thermometer and hygrometer to calibrate them. The hygrometers are less important than thermometers. I only say that because if you monitor your air cells when you were canceling then you can tell if you need to increase or decrease your humidity. If you have water raining down on your eggs then your humidity is too high. At that point I would remove the washcloths.

Than you! I hope haha! I've opened it justva few times to let some out just in case bc I did see build up! Ughhh I hate waiting. Its the end of day 20 and I see nothing much at all only a couple rocking. I'm getting annixous!

Rocking is a good sign. They are getting in the right position and trying to internally pip! Very exciting!!!!

Back
Top Bottom