How to get humidity up?

Is the one you opened and alive still n the shll? If yes you have o keep membrane moist. You can use a q tip and moisten or use bacitracin. If it is out of shell and yolk sac still attached place in a cup or bowl with a moist towel to lay on so he doesn't stick and keep in incubator until yolk is absorbed.

You are still early in your hatch. I typically do not open eggs to eggtopsy until day 24-25. Same with float test. If temp was slightly off they may need a little more time.

Do you have a fan in the Bator? How many thermometers do you have? Did you calibrate them?

Yeah that could have been an issue. Most people (including myself) have the same problem in the beginning. You need to find out what works for you. For me I dry incubate which is not really completely dry. I only add water if humidity falls below 27% and keep it under 35% until lockdown. Then I bump up to 75%. My hatch rates are usually high 80s- high 90s.

I have 2 little giants and agennis 1588 which I haven't used yet.One little giant I installed a fan,the other is still air.I have eggs due to hatch tomorrow in the still air.I have trouble keeping the huminaty up at hatching,but since I have different weeks I don't want to drown the others.The one with fan is opposite,i have trouble keeping huminaty down.I will put a fan in it one day.I bought the geniss for quail eggs,but hatch out too many.I am about to start eating them.

I have a genesis myself and LOVE it. I have had nothing but good luck with it.

I did quail for the first time last year. I only did 2 dozen. I kept 8 just as pets and sold the others. I lost 2 over the year from illness and have been thinking about doing another batch. Maybe button.

Glad your hatch is going well. Hope your other goes well too.

Your chicks smell? Or what was left in your bator? If it's your chicks, there will be some smell but if it is really bad I would look at your chicks and make sure that they are okay. At this young age they should not have pooped so much that your brooder smells that bad.

Back
Top Bottom