How to get my Buff Orpington to Standard of perfection

AmooseReally

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2023
I want to know what should I feed to help get my Buff orpington to standard of perfection? She's Around 4-5 months currently.

20231122_202637.jpg

Standard of perfection you can only get by breeding, what you feed won't do anything with that. You can't change that with feed. SoP is something you breed for. Hope that makes sense! :)

Standard of perfection you can only get by breeding, what you feed won't do anything with that. You can't change that with feed. SoP is something you breed for. Hope that makes sense! :)
I'm a complete noob with chickens regarding SoP area, so thank you for enlightening me! I think i meant something like what to feed to get it to its full size I could've worded it way better but I'm sure this is a a pure orpington just wanted to know what to feed it to get it to full size

Last edited:
Start with quality feed that is available in your area. A healthy chicken looks better to start with, grows better and to full size.
Other than that, it's the breeding which gets you birds that match the SoP... if you are wanting to show your birds it's best to start with quality stock from a good breeder.

I'm a complete noob with chickens regarding SoP area, so thank you for enlightening me! I think i meant something like what to feed to get it to its full size I could've worded it way better but I'm sure this is a a pure orpington just wanted to know what to feed it to get it to full size
Ahh, I see. Okay!
A good high protein feed is the best thing to do. You can also give high protein foods like meat, fish, and eggs.

Back
Top Bottom