How to hang small watered and feeder?

Dgrundy14

Chirping
May 28, 2016
Leeds, Alabama
Does anyone know how to hang these small feeders and watered?

I don’t use that kind of waterer any more but when I did I did not hang them. I set them on a very flat surface so the water would not leak out. I use a wire bottomed brooder without bedding material so them scratching bedding into it was not a problem, but you can build a platform or set them on bricks to get them up higher to reduce the trash getting in. You are still going to have to change them on a regular basis. And it absolutely has to be level.

They do knock those over, especially when the water level drops. I put screws in the wood so they could not move the waterer around. And I suspended a stiff wire from the top of the brooder and bent it so it kind of clamps the waterer to keep them from knocking it over.

Now I use something like this. I cut a hole in a piece of plywood the bowl will fit in so they can’t knock it over and screw some 2x4 pieces to raise it up. They can easily get up on the plywood to get a drink when they want to. By making that plywood kind of big and above the bedding it helps keep them from scratching trash in it. I fill it with rocks to let them walk on water instead of getting stuck in there or really wet. They do poop in it so you need to empty it daily.

We have a run attached to our coop that has a wire roof. We took ropes with clips that you would find at the ends of dog leashes (not sure what they're called) and tied them to the feeders and waterers. Then, they could be clipped on to the wire ceiling. I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I hope it gave you ideas!

Back
Top Bottom