How to hatch call ducklings? ***Updated questions!****

Here's what they said: Any where from 28 to 35 days. The temp has to be 99.8 and humity at45 to 50%

Here's what they said: Any where from 28 to 35 days. The temp has to be 99.8 and humity at45 to 50%
Calls aren't 28-35 days. That's how long Muscovy cross mules take. That temp is ok for forced air, but still air needs 100.5F. Humidity should be 40-50% during incubation & 50-65% during lockdown for still air. Add 10-15% to each of those for forced air. If they are incubating at such low temps then that's why their babies are taking an extra week to 2 weeks. Incubation temps too low cause a LOT of problems with the babies & a lot of deaths during incubation.

My temperature has been 99* in my still air incubator this whole time. It was also like that for my chicken eggs and they hatched out fine. The temperature, now, is 100* F. I have a couple of my different breed eggs rocking and MAYBE a call :D

My temperature has been 99* in my still air incubator this whole time. It was also like that for my chicken eggs and they hatched out fine. The temperature, now, is 100* F. I have a couple of my different breed eggs rocking and MAYBE a call
big_smile.png
Temps sound just a tad low but shouldn't have knocked hatch off by more than 1-2 days. I really think they sent you some kind of scovy mix if they are taking that long to develop. That is NOT the typical incubation period for calls.

Today is supposed to be hatch day for them, right? If the breeders said that their's take 28-35 days them mine may still be okay. Is that correct?

Today is supposed to be hatch day for them, right? If the breeders said that their's take 28-35 days them mine may still be okay. Is that correct?
If that's what their eggs typically run then yes. My question is whether they are pure calls as the seller claims since they do not have the proper incubation period.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom