How to keep ‘em off the front porch

burchy

Chirping
Jun 17, 2022
Cocoa, Florida
I’m tired of cleaning poop off the front porch and in my garage. Any ideas on keeping the girls at bay. They have 2 acres to play on so it’s not like they’re limited.

Attachments

• A6C4B678-CE95-4A43-B38E-F37B6337029F.jpeg
    A6C4B678-CE95-4A43-B38E-F37B6337029F.jpeg
    886.9 KB · Views: 38
You can try to offend them when they are near or on the porch; water hose, waving your arms and squalking at them (the neighbors will love this one!) or some other unpleasant event connected to this location. Obviously nothing good can be connected to this site!
Fencing, either confining the birds, or fencing your places.
We did manage to discourage a small group of pullets two years ago from the same location, by persistent efforts on our part, and the cockerel who also wanted them elsewhere.
IMG_1517 (2).JPG

Here they are on the sidewalk near the front porch. Try to ignore the bumper crop of poison ivy...
Mary

Facing this problem right now with 17 week old pullets. I have taken a broom and I wave it like madwoman while yelling “shoo shoo”!
Amazon driver was more afraid of me, lol, than chickens. JK
I’m gonna keep at it as much as possible. We’ll see.
My sons birds are same age ( we split the flock) and they are flying over his baricade if chicken wire and tapping on the glass of the slider. The kids Love it. He says they just want to be where the people are. So funny
But poo- not funny, not funny, girls, grrrr😡😡😡

Facing this problem right now with 17 week old pullets. I have taken a broom and I wave it like madwoman while yelling “shoo shoo”!
Amazon driver was more afraid of me, lol, than chickens. JK
I’m gonna keep at it as much as possible. We’ll see.
My sons birds are same age ( we split the flock) and they are flying over his baricade if chicken wire and tapping on the glass of the slider. The kids Love it. He says they just want to be where the people are. So funny
But poo- not funny, not funny, girls, grrrr😡😡😡
You are the person who brings them treats so they aren't afraid of you and want to be near you.
I find waving a big towel around my head helps. It more closely resembles an aerial predator than a broom. Aerial predators are the bane of chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom