How to keep horses away from coop?

Thank you everyone for your response. It seems like I will have to go the electric fence/tape route. Since I am not the owner of the property, I will have to talk to both my landlord and the neighbor who rents the acreage before proceeding further. I think that electric tape will be my first go, since it seems less invasive and then modify, if needed.

So, in my quick search for electric tape, I found this:

http://www.statelinetack.com/item/f...ku^70839-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^40405968348

So, in this type of electric tape, I assume I just wrap this around some posts, keeping a distance from my coop and run to protect my chickens and myself from getting shocked when I gather eggs each day. Does anyone have a brand and application of the tape that has worked well for them?

Happy Egg Collecting!

Megshen

Last edited:
Go to the premier1supplies.com website for good products and excellent advice. That's NOT how electric fencing is installed, so get the facts first. Your local farm store may have some products too, but you need to learn how to properly install and charge the fencing. Mary

Go to the premier1supplies.com website for good products and excellent advice. That's NOT how electric fencing is installed, so get the facts first. Your local farm store may have some products too, but you need to learn how to properly install and charge the fencing. Mary
You will need insulators, and you can have it close to your coop and run if you want to. Your chickens will be fine, and if you're worried about getting shocked while picking eggs or doing chores, just unplug it or shut it off. No biggie. You will need to learn how to properly install fencing. It's not that hard, but does take some doing. You can do this!

Back
Top Bottom