How to know when my chickens are going to lay

Hmm. Are they laying eggs yet? Or if they are when did they start, They look about 5 or so months maybe 4 months. and if you remember when you got them let me know :)
They are beautiful girls by the way~

How long do I need to wait to pick up the eggs after they've been laid?
You can pick them up as soon as you find them in the nest! Some people recommend collecting eggs several times a day. With my work schedule, by the time I am home they are all done for the day.

Last edited:
Well no eggs yet. Sadly something broke into my coop and killed 7. These animals out here! I guess all day is gonna be spent securing what I thought was secure. :(

One has a pretty bad gash on the head. Not sure what i should do? The other ones started attacking it.

If one of them is hurt, and the others are attacking her, you should separate her until she can heal. If the others think there is somthing wrong with her they will kill her. =( I hope she does ok.

If one of them is hurt, and the others are attacking her, you should separate her until she can heal.  If the others think there is somthing wrong with her they will kill her.  =(  I hope she does ok. 

I agree. Keep her wound cleaned, I think it is safe to put ointment on her like triple antibiotic, keep her separated, but let her and the chickens see her, so she doesn't feel alone. Poor thing, hoping for a quick recovery! :( You might also want to go to your local feed store and see if they have anything for injuries to stop infection etc.,

I am so sorry! Get some blue kote spray. I use it for all of my critter boo boos. Works good and the others don't seem to peck at the blue color, so she wont have to be seperated for long

Back
Top Bottom