how to make chainlink less ug…?

Bergamont, (aka bee balm) might be another good choice. Shade tolerant, attracts hummingbirds. Related to mint, so also totally spreads. Do mint family plants grow fine in hot climates?
My mint has done beautifully here. It survives our winters, too. I'm in Florida. Bee Balm is also another good suggestion. And, of course, I did forget to suggest that she check her growing zone.

I saw an add the other day for chain link fence tape/ fence weave, it didn't look to bad, made it look less like chain link and good for privacy. Kind of pricy but if you really can't stand the view might be something to consider.

Just FYI - I covered my chain link with wood sheets 4x8 and the bobcats were easily able to climb into my run! Not good!
our main predators here are raccoons coyotes and opossums, we have bobcats for sure but I’ve never seen one in person even with having chickens for years. I am planning on adding a frame and sandwiching cloth wire in between… if that makes sense, but on all open areas, so walls and roof! I hope even if they climb it it’ll be too secure and they’ll give up and leave 🤣 Ive actually got a layout planned and hoping it’ll work out, if not we’re planning on just ditching the chain link and building a wooden run. I’ll post the layout picture and y’all can give me advice because we don’t know what we’re doing when it comes to building. We look like Patrick on that episode of SpongeBob where hes trying to build a stable but nailed a plank to his head instead 🙂

That was my first encounter with cats! I took down the wood sheeting and so far so good. We also installed an automatic door close/open and the girls are safer at night.

Back
Top Bottom