how to place eggs in automatic egg turner

Yeah I removed the turning tray on day 19 ... I was just saying/asking what happens if they are laying down as opposed to standing up with air cell at the top ... This is my first attempt at using a bator so I'm flying blind

Yeah I removed the turning tray on day 19 ... I was just saying/asking what happens if they are laying down as opposed to standing up with air cell at the top ... This is my first attempt at using a bator so I'm flying blind
thumbsup.gif

What happens if the turner doesn't turn and your on day 3. I don't think it turning the eggs. OMG, have I lost my eggs?

The reason for turning is to prevent the chick from growing attached where he should not, at that early a time you should be ok just get that turner working or turn them by hand

Hi Everyone!
I am new to having and raising chickens. I have collected my first batch of eggs that are going into the incubator tonight. My question is this, do I start the egg turning tonight or do I wait 3 days before I plug in the auto turner? I have heard from one breeder not to turn them for 3 days and then another said start turning right away. What is the correct time to start turning eggs?
Thanks for all help, Y'all are a great group of people that I am glad I found.
Thanks
Lisa

I know this is a really old thread, but I have a question and I cannot find an answer!

I have an incubator with no name....it is a cheapie that I have used a few times with reasonable success, but it does not have a turner. I have found plastic egg tray.....could I put the eggs in this (pointy end down) and put a piece of wood under one side to tip it slightly, and when I want to turn the eggs, put the wood on the other side? I know this is random, but just trying to save myself time! Usually I have to take the lid off the incubator and turn each egg individually and I thought this way I would have the lid off for a shorter time!

It's spring here in NZ and time for some babies!

Thank you for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom