How to ship a Serama in 6 easy steps

Quote:
I think the 'hardest' part is the worrying you do while waiting for them to arrive at their destination. Most of the time they get there without issue
smile.png

Hey Buffygrl,
I have been trying to get in touch and your inbox has been full. If you can send me a message about the roo we were talking about. Thanks much.

I found these boxes at www.poultry2.tripod.com they seem much cheaper if anyone has any knowledge of purchasing from this company. Might save some money

Singles Do-It-Yourself
Single-Stall shippers, include "Do-It-Yourself" pre-cut to fit filters. Attach the filters yourself using Elmer's Glue.

Measurements- 20" x 8" x 16" high

Capacity- 2 pigeons, 1 waterfowl, finches, doves, chickens, etc up to 10lbs. of birds.

Adult single stall boxes

1 to 14- $5.35 each, 15 to 59- $5.00 each, 60- $4.58 each

Do you buy the postage stamp(s) at the post office when you take the bird(s) in or do you preorder them? Thanks.

Do you have to be NPIP certified to ship outside your state?

Pretty sure you dont.....unless they have changed some laws Im not knowing about.​

Last edited:
Quote:
You dont ship them with stamps.
You go there, have them in the special chicken shipping box,
they weigh it, they tell you the cost, you pay it, then they put the postage slip on there.
It would take a TON of stamps, lol

Quote:
You dont ship them with stamps.
You go there, have them in the special chicken shipping box,
they weigh it, they tell you the cost, you pay it, then they put the postage slip on there.
It would take a TON of stamps, lol

Thanks! I once got a box of chicks and it did have a ton of stamps!

Quote:
Pretty sure you dont.....unless they have changed some laws Im not knowing about.

Most states you DO! However PO stated that they never check NPIP status or see health papers. Its the responsibility between buyer and seller. I've shipped birds without any NPIP papers to NY and never had any issues with the others either. However VA and WA are very strict about it.

If you got one bird you want to ship out and don't have an NPIP certification when you need it, health papers from your vet would be sufficent enough and your vet can draw blood for pullorum and tyhoid if you want something else like MG or MS tested, that would cost extra.

Back
Top Bottom