How to... Single comb to Pea comb

I have a question that you guys might be able to figure out,

I have birds that are V combed with incorrect skin and leg color being yellow, and need for them to be white skinned and blue shanked, the problem is I need to cross the V combed birds which are also crested with correct V combs and crests to Spangled Hamburgs which are RoseCombed, any idea how many generations its going to take to get the birds to breed true again to the V comb and change the skin and leg color?

Quote:

Pea comb (P/P) x single comb (p/p) = 100 % intermediate comb or P/p. pea comb is incompletely dominant to the single comb gene so you get a wierd looking comb that is not pea nor is it single.

P/p X P/p = Pea comb (25%) intermediate comb (50)% and single comb (25%) This refers to the percentage of offspring that will have a specific trait. If you hatched 100 chicks from the P/p X P/p cross, then around 25 will be pea combed and around 50 will be intermediate and around 25 will be single combed.

If you cross two of the single combed birds from the 25% , then all of the offspring will be single combed.

Tim

what if you breed a Pp to a PP? would it be 50% PP and 50% Pp?

23343_12-28-10_2133.jpg

Hi!

I saw this thread was on Comb Types, my question is on Crested V Comb and Rosecomb breeding, is there possibly another thread that I should post my questions to about my birds?

If so would someone please let me know the link to the thread.

Thank You.

Victoria

Back
Top Bottom