how to start a emu resturant

Status
Not open for further replies.

emu loverer

In the Brooder
Dec 19, 2016
U.S.A
I love emu. They are my favorite animal. But in the very DISTANT future i plan to start a restaurant based on them. I want to know when to kill them.

It is in the distant future because I am not even an adult

It's just about what's right for the individual person. I love emu meat and my little Daryl that I'm raising now might be dinner some day. I've read that emu should be slaughtered between 12 months and 18 months. If you do a little research you will find that slaughtering at certain ages will yield a better percent of meat or oil. I think if u slaughter closer to 12 months there is a higher fat% (for oil) versus 18 months for more muscle/meat

Last edited:
please stay on topic or create your own thread to discuss other things, I'm genuinely interested in any good advice people might have when it comes to butchering emu, different recipes, feed for weight gain etc.. plus we should all be supporting each other regardless of the endgame we all want healthy animals

Last edited:
Ok I agree with all of you that they are amazing creatures and I love them and I am sorry I did not mean to offend any of you. So how about this I will do the emu theme like telia said and I will only have unfertilized eggs on the menu so I still have emu on the menu and and they do not die plz give feed back on my idea

Hey emu loverer

First and most importantly, my apologies! It has been hot as here and weeks on end of hot and humid days and uncomfortable nights is taking it’s toll.

I read “when do I kill them” and did some firing up myself. Again, for that I am sorry.

I do like the Emu themed restaurant and hopefully without Emu on the menu BUT as N F C has rightly mentioned, you should do what is best for your future.

As I have mentioned though, if you were able to have a couple of Emu available for petting, that could definitely be a good draw card for customers.

I wish you all the best!

Most backyard animals, like pigs, turkeys, and many varieties of cattle, sheep, chickens, ducks and geese would not exist without our omniverous nature. I see no moral ambiguity in raising animals for meat. It is not a stretch to say this, they rely on us to feed, shelter, love and protect them, and in exchange, we eat a select number of them. I see it as much nicer than how wolves, cats, or other carnivores and omnivores interact with their food. I would rather my food animals grow comfortably, well cared for with a humane ending, than to struggle with life to be ripped apart by some hungry predators, who proceed to decimate extra for sport. I've had friends that had sheep killed for sport by wolves, where the wolves obviously tortured the ewe before tearing her up, and only eating the lamb in her belly and leaving the rest to rot. It is not immoral to eat meat raised with care and love.

Most backyard animals, like pigs, turkeys, and many varieties of cattle, sheep, chickens, ducks and geese would not exist without our omniverous nature. I see no moral ambiguity in raising animals for meat. It is not a stretch to say this, they rely on us to feed, shelter, love and protect them, and in exchange, we eat a select number of them. I see it as much nicer than how wolves, cats, or other carnivores and omnivores interact with their food. I would rather my food animals grow comfortably, well cared for with a humane ending, than to struggle with life to be ripped apart by some hungry predators, who proceed to decimate extra for sport. I've had friends that had sheep killed for sport by wolves, where the wolves obviously tortured the ewe before tearing her up, and only eating the lamb in her belly and leaving the rest to rot. It is not immoral to eat meat raised with care and love.

As I said, we all have our opinions. Also, in my opinion, you can't kill something that you truly love. Just an opinion.

Sorry if that was rude but the op just wanted to ask a simple question.
Why would you want to kill them? They are such amazing creatures and are great pets. They will learn to trust you and then you make their last memory you killing them? Just think about the betrayal, they will see you as their parent, but ya know, just animals and have no feelings right?
Not being rude just think about how they feel, because they are very intelligent and sweet and actually have feelings.

You told me to watch what I say but your first response to this post was talking about how the op should not kill emus for their restaurant. The op didn't ask "what do you think about killing emus for a restaurant?" The op asked "when do u kill an emu (for meat)"
Some people might find THAT offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom