how to start a emu resturant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimps eat meat, and are ritually cannabalistic. This does not make them carnivores, but omnivores. We are, in fact, omnivores. Our brains require it for proper growth and development. http://www.westonaprice.org/health-.../fat-soluble-activators/the-scarlet-nutrient/ vitamin A, while available in the pre cursory as beta carotene, is much easier to absorb in the animal form of retinol for us humans, meaning liver, milk products, headcheese and other sweetmeats. Lard from pasture raised pork, specifically visceral fat from around the kidneys, is a very good source of vitamin D, also found in high levels in liver, especially fermented cod liver oil from cold water cod. Skate fish also produce a high quality fish liver oil.http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/update-on-vitamins-a-and-d/

So it's impossible for proper growth and development if meat is not eaten?

I understand about how unique and special animals are. There are certain ones among my birds that would be very hard to part with. My upbringing was probably much different from yours, if only that my family always saw themselves as a part of the puzzle, stewards of the land. In that, I hope to pass this mentality to my family and to others, because, as we all know, they are more than food. Once a bird has a name, it becomes unkillable for my children, but since it's really only the boys who get done in, I simply don't allow naming the males until after breeders have been selected. I'm glad we could find common ground, as sometimes different viewpoints can have a hard time connecting.

Excerpt from this site: http://meatyourfuture.com/2015/09/herbivores-carnivores/

Interesting reading ....

“Although most of us conduct our lives as omnivores, in that we eat flesh as well as vegetables and fruits, human beings have characteristics of herbivores, not carnivores. The appendages of carnivores are claws; those of herbivores are hands or hooves. The teeth of carnivores are sharp; those of herbivores are mainly flat (for grinding). The intestinal tract of carnivores is short (3 times body length); that of herbivores, long (12 times body length). Body cooling of carnivores is done by panting; herbivores, by sweating. Carnivores drink fluids by lapping; herbivores, by sipping. Carnivores produce their own vitamin C, whereas herbivores obtain it from their diet. Thus, humans have characteristics of herbivores, not carnivores.”

Further excerpt: The last thing I want to point out is actually a very sad thing. A characteristic that is unique to herbivores and not in carnivores, and it’s a problem in humans. It’s something that Dr. Roberts pointed out as well:
“Atherosclerosis affects only herbivores. Dogs, cats, tigers, and lions can be saturated with fat and cholesterol, and atherosclerotic plaques do not develop.”
That’s right. Carnivores and omnivores — animals who are designed to eat other animals — can eat all the animals and animal products they want and they never develop atherosclerosis, which are plaques of cholesterol coating our vessels that can occlude the blood flow that goes to our heart and brain [and] cause heart attacks and strokes.
Cholesterol in our diet is only present in animal products, and we don’t need to consume any of it because our body synthesizes already all of the cholesterol that we need for all of our biologic needs. Animals that are not designed to eat meat, like herbivores including humans, do develop atherosclerosis. We do develop this problematic coating of cholesterol in our arteries, and we do it big time. Atherosclerosis is ubiquitous on a Western diet with animal products since very early in our lives.
We really do end up paying a price for behaving like omnivores, when we are biologically designed as herbivores. Thank you very much.

bears are omnivores and they lap water and pant instead of sweat.

While this debate has been fun...Its late and I'm tired. I have to work in the morning. Let's agree to disagree. In my opinion, it is perfectly fine for a person to raise an animal for consumption as long as it is done humanely. I don't believe in factory farming and an animal product will never pass mine or my children's lips if I haven't seen first hand where it comes from. Factory farming is the worst form of animal abuse I can think of. This includes commercial milk and especially eggs. To me, raising my own chickens for meat and eggs, and purchasing pasture raised beef from my neighbor is far better for animal welfare and the health of my family than becoming vegetarian. I have read studies that suggest grass fed beef has healthy fat as opposed to factory corn fed beef. That is why atherosclerosis is such an issue now as opposed to in the 1940's and 50's when family farms were more popular. I am raising an emu now and there is a very good chance he will end up on my dinner table. That's my choice.

Last edited:
Chimps eat meat, and are ritually cannabalistic. This does not make them carnivores, but omnivores. We are, in fact, omnivores. Our brains require it for proper growth and development. http://www.westonaprice.org/health-.../fat-soluble-activators/the-scarlet-nutrient/ vitamin A, while available in the pre cursory as beta carotene, is much easier to absorb in the animal form of retinol for us humans, meaning liver, milk products, headcheese and other sweetmeats. Lard from pasture raised pork, specifically visceral fat from around the kidneys, is a very good source of vitamin D, also found in high levels in liver, especially fermented cod liver oil from cold water cod. Skate fish also produce a high quality fish liver oil.http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/update-on-vitamins-a-and-d/

Yep, true about the chimps but then their diet is only approximately 2% meat.

The article I posted above mentioned that while we are omnivores our design characteristics are herbivore.

Interesting stuff!
smile.png

bears are omnivores and they lap water and pant instead of sweat. 

While this debate has been fun...Its late and I'm tired.  I have to work in the morning.  Let's agree to disagree.  In my opinion, it is perfectly fine for a person to raise an animal for consumption as long as it is done humanely.  I don't believe in factory farming and an animal product will never pass mine or my children's lips if I haven't seen first hand where it comes from.  Factory farming is the worst form of animal abuse I can think of.  This includes commercial milk and especially eggs.  To me, raising my own chickens for meat and eggs, and purchasing pasture raised beef from my neighbor is far better for animal welfare and the health of my family than becoming vegetarian.  I have read studies that suggest grass fed beef has healthy fat as opposed to factory corn fed beef.  That is why atherosclerosis is such an issue now as opposed to in the 1940's and 50's when family farms were more popular.  I am raising an emu now and there is a very good chance he will end up on my dinner table.  That's my choice.
Good night and enjoy your tofu.  I'm having prime rib tomorrow.

I'm fine with everything you said, but we both know that your last 2 sentences were unneccecary and did not leave this on a good note.

So it's impossible for proper growth and development if meat is not eaten?
the Weston A Price foundation is a research group based on a holistic dentist's findings during a major research project he undertook in the 1930s to discover why, with modern convenience and medicine, and the modern diet, people in his, and now our, era, have poor oral( and thus overall) health. His 10 year research journey took him to isolated populations where modern foods had not yet reached, where he could observe traditional diets, including Inuit, certain isolated Irish and Scottish islands, Swiss Alps, isolated regions in Africa and Asia, and Pacific islands. He found some very surprising results. Traditional Inuit diets include almost all meat, and had perfect, straight, white teeth, with a cavity rate of .1% . All traditional diets included some form of animal proteins.

the Weston A Price foundation is a research group based on a holistic dentist's findings during a major research project he undertook in the 1930s to discover why, with modern convenience and medicine, and the modern diet, people in his, and now our, era, have poor oral( and thus overall) health. His 10 year research journey took him to isolated populations where modern foods had not yet reached, where he could observe traditional diets, including Inuit, certain isolated Irish and Scottish islands, Swiss Alps, isolated regions in Africa and Asia, and Pacific islands. He found some very surprising results. Traditional Inuit diets include almost all meat, and had perfect, straight, white teeth, with a cavity rate of .1% . All traditional diets included some form of animal proteins.

Teeth can be healthy without meat, I know that for a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom