How to stop Fox attacks

Tell the fox that got out foxxed.trapped for years and dyed traps every year sold a bunch of fur also. Treble hooks hanging on wire baited bust their bubble too about 30 inches off the ground.Howea I do believe I got a ticket from game warden for hooking before.What no one knows won't matter.Cheers

Tell the fox that got out foxxed.trapped for years and dyed traps every year sold a bunch of fur also. Treble hooks hanging on wire baited bust their bubble too about 30 inches off the ground.Howea I do believe I got a ticket from game warden for hooking before.What no one knows won't matter.Cheers
They'll hang you if you kill someones dog with a treble hook you didn't have a permit for.

Well you check it several times so noone knows what you doing your property only .If you blab about what you doing take what comes.

However this day and time you are right.Dogs have more rights than people now .Dog can get pain meds for simple problems people can't now.However innocent people are getting killed in war zones still and have for time as far as I know.Sometimes things have to get a bit messy before the problem is solved .Cheers

I live in a suburban area with no true woods or forest within miles on my area. But there are indeed foxes and coyotes in my area and I'm not surprised as they are both adaptable and opportunistic animals that don't mind human settlements. Out of all the predators I have so far dealt with for my chickens, none have been as difficult as a fox. I have dealt with possums, but luckily possums aren't a issue because they are active in nigh time and dusk where the chickens are locked up in a coop. I have dealt with flying hawks and falcons but the nice thing I feel like is that chickens are pretty good at defending themselves from aerial predators as long as they have cover from bushes and objects. There have also been racoons but they haven't been trouble for my chickens as they haven't so much been active during the daytime like the possums. But Foxes? I have been having a stubborn fox that roams around my neighbor and every few days comes in to try to attack the chickens for a opportunistic snack. The problem with that bastard is, unlike the possum and racoon, this fox attacks at all times of day. I have seen it try to attack during evening hours, morning hours, and evening in the middle of the afternoon where there is clear daylight. This is worrying because I have to be outside of the house to run errands and for work reasons so I can't always stay in the house watching the chickens 24/7. Also, the stubborn foxes jump so goddam high. I have a 4.5 foot tall fence and the fox jumps over it like it's nothing. I one time thought it would be a good idea to keep the chickens in a closed fenced off compound near my house kitchen and the fence was over 6 foot tall but the fox was still easily able to hop and then climb over the the fence with relative ease. When I caught the fox jumping the fence to attack my chickens and chased it away, the fox would play tricks like running away or hiding only to come back 10 minutes later to attack from a different location! There was a few times where the fox would run and jump across the fence when I chased it away and would just casually just lay down patiently at stare at me like it was smirking and acting like it had nothing to lose. And for some reason this fox is not really afraid of me, I walked up to the fox several times where it would be just a few feet across from a neighbor's yard fence the fox would not be afraid. This fox had just killed one of my chickens a few days ago and I would like some help and tips on how to stop this stubborn fox! How do you guys deal with foxes that keep persistently trying to harass your chickens for months? It's like they'll never stop until they kill every single chicken ...
I think his brother is the one pestering and killing MY flock! Seems they are SLY after all. Do they behave more like dogs or coons or what? They are smart for sure. Seems like we need a fully enclosed pen to protect the flock!!

You can bury 8 inch x36 inch stove pipes or pvc on 45 degree angle.drop bait in ole smarty pants go in and pipe so slick can't get out.when checking carry a flash light a 22 cal rifle and a short handle frog gig .Pop and retrieve. If not smarty pants will perish but I doubt if any more go in for years to come .Cheers

Okay. Fingers crossed. We haven’t had a fox attack since hubby shot at one last month. Fur flew, and the fox reversed course and disappeared. That does NOT mean I’m not watching all the time! He also ran over what I believe may have been a den on the other side of our property, with the tractor while mowing. I don’t know if foxes will pull up stakes and move when faced with multiple threats, like being shot at or mowed over, but I am hopeful.

In the meantime, my girls and boys are happy, but watchful.

Back
Top Bottom