How to tell a 4yo that you ate their drake...

TroyerGal

Crowing
5 Years
Mar 17, 2016
The Coal State
Sooooooooooo... I have this Peking drake named Donald. I recently acquired him from a 4yo neighbor who's parents didn't want him anymore. (Drake not kid). He has been really hurting my khaki Campbell ducks to the point of almost BLINDNESS! He chases them around and mates constantly! We are planning on culling him on Saturday :( this little kids comes over to chase "her" ducks. My question is, how does one tell a 4yo VEGETARIAN that her duck is no longer existent?

The kid will have to deal with heart break eventually. Maybe for now though you could say that he was saving the ducks when a hawk swooped and killed him. Makes him sound heroic, but makes it sound like it could actually happen.
I don't like lying but I mean the kid is 4 and a vegetarian doesn't really help...

Thanks guys! I didn't really want to tell the mom, she's vegan, For religious reasons... I'll just say he was killed... How's that? ;)

We had a couple of pigs when I was around 4. Then one day our pigs were gone and a week or two later, our freezer was full of ham. I figured out where ham came from (and the rest of the meat I ate as a kid) and didn't eat ham for a very long time.

The kid is 4, they will learn eventually.
I'd talk with the parents first and let them know your plans... or do the deed and then tell the parents and ask what they'd like you to tell their kid when she comes over looking for the duck.

I just don't want to deceive the kid... I feel bad about lying to little children, I feel like thy deserve to be told the truth just like older people. :) I'll just pray she does not notice ;)

Back
Top Bottom