How to Tell a Fertile vs INfertile Egg (Pictures)

So all eggs have this white spot? I don't recall seeing it before until yesterday after making breakfast with our own eggs.

Yes, they do, aart is correct in her answer. I've once got an egg from a hatchery hen with nine of the spots on the yolk! Wish I had that old photo of that egg, probably not even on BYC anymore since we used to have to have all our pics on Photobucket to upload and that situation changed so many old pics have a big X where that used to be.

This egg of mine looks fertile but I don’t have any roosters! Maybe I’m looking at it wrong... any ideas?

Attachments

• 7C224229-4AEA-4FCB-9178-72DD3248EB18.jpeg
    7C224229-4AEA-4FCB-9178-72DD3248EB18.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 49
This egg of mine looks fertile but I don’t have any roosters! Maybe I’m looking at it wrong... any ideas?
Well, yes it does appear fertile. Are you sure you don't have any roosters? We've seen people swear they didn't and found out that there was an imposter in the coop, just very quiet, LOL. You appear to have Silkies, so maybe??

I’m pretty sure! I only have 8 chickens. My leghorn is laying (white). My olive egger is laying (olive) and I just sat for hours today and watched my 3 silkies (one at a time) go into the coop and lay. I retrieved an egg after each Silkie. (The fertile egg is from one of my silkies). I have 3 hens that aren’t laying yet- two EE’s and a cuckoo marans. The only one not doing the “stoop” when I come near is this one... but I swear she looks like a girl! Lol. No comb or wattles at all

Attachments

• 75047D61-99FC-4BEA-A7F4-3BF9C48FDF33.jpeg
    75047D61-99FC-4BEA-A7F4-3BF9C48FDF33.jpeg
    778.4 KB · Views: 41
I’m pretty sure! I only have 8 chickens. My leghorn is laying (white). My olive egger is laying (olive) and I just sat for hours today and watched my 3 silkies (one at a time) go into the coop and lay. I retrieved an egg after each Silkie. (The fertile egg is from one of my silkies). I have 3 hens that aren’t laying yet- two EE’s and a cuckoo marans. The only one not doing the “stoop” when I come near is this one... but I swear she looks like a girl! Lol. No comb or wattles at all
That EE is a hen. Males would have shiny hackles and saddle feathers. Silkies you'll need someone else's opinion on. I don't do the Asian Ground Parrot sexing, LOL.

Asian ground parrot! Lol. Haven’t heard that one before- but I’ll be sure to use it again! I’m 100 percent sure my silkies are female. I literally sat and watched them lay today to make sure. Maybe I have one of the rare chickens that fertilizes its own eggs! 😂

Back
Top Bottom