how to tell difference between cockerels and pullets?

Quote:
Hmmm ... I wonder if it might have something to do with the structure of their pelvic bone. Some old wive's tales are so much fluff, but others have a foundation in fact. I'm going to try this on my 4 week olds tomorrow. Some of the roos are pretty obvious so I should be able to see if it's working or not.

i have a hen that used to crow and try to fight with everything, hackles flared, dancing and bobing as she attacked, pecked and crowed. figured she was a he, till she started laying. now wondering if her, and the one loverboy she actually lets mate... occasionally, a rosecomb splash, will have the new babies grow up mellow and great tempered/sissy broody birds like daddy (even to bought older poults and chicks), or fierce warrior chickens like mamma. mamma tried to kill a guinea pig for three hours through a cage, as well as tried to tear my eyes out before tamed her down from wild free bird. i put the babies in by my jumbo corturnix quail, and two immediately mobbed and tried to kill the cock, while two went after the hen, so guessing two of each, as only two spar since first hatched, and two just peck at eyes till hide heads, then eat all food first before the sparring ones are allowed to come near food.
hens will always eat first and push in to front and males will back off and let hens eat first and stand alert more as time goes on watching while hens eat.

so i guess the only sure way is to wait for eggs. hahaha as i was awfully surprised to find the first one while "clucky" was doing the egg song and dance, and roo was finally allowed to crow and dance around also and since.

What can my Albany be a stag or pullet

Attachments

• IMG_20170702_174152_659.jpg
    IMG_20170702_174152_659.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom