If I'm following this correctly you have an orpinton roo (brown egg genes), an EE with 1 possibly 2 blue genes, and olive eggers that were bred using CCL and Welbar so that would be 1 blue gene (not 2) and genes that produce dark brown.
The EE would have chicks that have egg genes with split 1blue from hen and 1 not blue and brown from the orp so result would be green eggs or if she only has 1 blue gene some chick could have brown eggs
The olive eggers chicks would have some that receive the blue gene and some that would not . I believe this is a straight 50/50 chance. The ones that would receive the blue gene would lay green or olive eggs. They may be slightly lighter than the mothers eggs depending on how the brown passes down. The ones that don't receive the blue gene would lay brown eggs.
Do you know how coloring goes like breeding silkies ? If I have like black pullets with a paint roo etc

Do you know how coloring goes like breeding silkies ? If I have like black pullets with a paint roo etc
I actually have black and paint Silkies, but they are pet quality with recessive coloring underneath. I seem to be getting every color I can imagine from them including buffs. I think there is a certain percentage of black and paint that will hatch if they are true with their genes. Someone else may be able to answer better. If you start a new thread with Silkie breeding colors in the title it should get answers.

I actually have black and paint Silkies, but they are pet quality with recessive coloring underneath. I seem to be getting every color I can imagine from them including buffs. I think there is a certain percentage of black and paint that will hatch if they are true with their genes. Someone else may be able to answer better. If you start a new thread with Silkie breeding colors in the title it should get answers.
You’re kidding!! That could be good news for me lol I have show quality. I have black pullets. Paint rooster. White pullet. White frizzle pullet in my one coop right now . I have their eggs hatching tomorrow and a bunch in 2.5 weeks we’ll see 🤞🏼

Back
Top Bottom