How to tell if you Pigeon is a male or female?

the male will be dominate so do you know what you have did the hen lay eggs how big of pen are they in lots of things could be going on here

Just got them yesterday. They are in a cage at the moment.. (have to Macgiver the pen tomorrow ) they get along. My other male homer tried to pick a fight with the "female". I keep my homer apart from them.

ok you bought a pair are they a proven pair meaning the hen laid a egg and raised young and how do you know the sex of the bird you have had next if you put two birds in a cage with a bird that has claimed it as its home they will fight

No.. not a proven pair.. they are settled now. The recent owner said the white is a female and the colored is a male. I put them in the same cage when i got them both at the same time.He said they will fight for a short time then mate.

Last edited:
[/IMG][/IMG]

These are my new rollor pigeons i know the brown one is a male and also the red one is alse a male but i am not sure on the white one or the one on picture number 1 please help

Do you guys notice projectile pooping when you hold them a sign of a male?

Have a known pair and the female is fine but if you hold the male he straight away poops on cue.

Have a second not so sure about which is which pair but I can hold the grey and while it bites never poops but recently had to catch the white and it puffed all up as I went to hold it and then did a huge poop luckily just as I was letting go not seconds earlier on me.

Wondering if it's coincidence or a male dominance/defense thing?

I don't know but my male poops just before I hold him.. I call him over, and yes.. projectile pooping.. and he hops onto my hand. He's very dominant to the other pigeons though.. but I guess each one is different.
1f61b.png

Back
Top Bottom