How to tell if you Pigeon is a male or female?

Well she has been mated for 18 days is it possible that she is going to give an egg or she is sick

My pigeons when sexes separated will play with little plastic Kittie balls with bells in.. if I put the ball in bowl they'll peck n scratch at till kick or toss out then they shuffle or toss around cage till they get tired bored or it ends up tossed in water cup. Sometimes it looks like they're playing soccer. Other than that they play with parakeet toys hung from cage. It seems to make them happy as they then spread out more coo soft contentedly n fight less. Healthy pigeons are naturally curious creatures which makes them extremely adaptable. Mine like chasing bugs on ground and flying., eating them, wild greens berries fruit seeds n nuts. They'll pick up a feather leaf twig etc n dance or math around in circles with in beak or dropping/tossing and picking up doing over n over not nesting with. I've only had one or two odd pigeons that would hang upside down on perch or wire, but many hang and walk all around and up down on cage wire sides. They only lack dexterity to show nature have like hookbills.

Last edited:
hi i have a cock pigeon who mated and the hen pigeon laid and hatched eggs into squabs but the problem is the cock pigeon is now i think is mating with another pigeon because before that they always fight but now they always will be together and the 2nd hen pigeon who the cock pigeon mated after the 1st hen and now the 2nd hen pigeon keeps sitting here and there and keeps growling

hi i have a cock pigeon who mated and the hen pigeon laid and hatched eggs into squabs but the problem is the cock pigeon is now i think is mating with another pigeon
I would keep a close eye on the new squabs sometime the male may scalp and kill the squabs drive off the first mate and take up with the Jezebel. I had this happen in my loft I managed to save the squab and female became a single parent.

Last edited:
This is something learned by observing your birds. Cocks have a larger head, and they do the crowing and chasing females. Look at your known pairs, and you will see the cocks have a more bulky head and the hens have a more refined head. The cock birds do all the crowing and courting, so that is a good way to tell.

Why my pigeon died he was right the night when I saw him and next day he was dead and his eyes were leaking

Why my pigeon died he was right the night when I saw him and next day he was dead and his eyes were leaking
I am so sorry!
hit.gif
Could an animal have gotten him?

Back
Top Bottom