How to Train a Chicken!

Scareab

Songster
Dec 13, 2019
Dallas Texas
Hello!
I’ve hand raised 2 chickens so far; a salmon Flaverolle and a blue laced red wyandotte. The Flaverolle has an amazing temperament, lays good eggs and overall great chicken. Then we got my wyandotte...
She’s been pecking at us and has even attacked a family member! I’m not sure what to do to have her be the docile girl she once was. She hasn’t started laying yet but is just about to pop! I’ve watched this video on it and have yet to do her method of chicken handling, but this is the closest answer I could find.
Link:
Will her temperament change when she starts laying? Is there anything I could do that would put her back in place? Help!

Attachments

• 12F6604B-9FD4-4DB9-8E06-E467D91B805C.jpeg
    12F6604B-9FD4-4DB9-8E06-E467D91B805C.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 18
P2:
I wanted to make another comment on her behavior change for both me and anyone who has a chicken having the same behavioral issues and doesn’t know what to do.
So, after about a week or so she ended up laying eggs! Her behavior changed pretty drastically! She then started to do that submission squat to us when we walk by or bend down. She no longer pecks, nips, and doesn’t even think about attacking! Maybe it was due to her laying soon that she started doing the most, but within the week they start to do the submission squat they laid eggs!
I can’t guarantee that your chicken’s behavior will change but this is just my experience ^-^

P2:
I wanted to make another comment on her behavior change for both me and anyone who has a chicken having the same behavioral issues and doesn’t know what to do.
So, after about a week or so she ended up laying eggs! Her behavior changed pretty drastically! She then started to do that submission squat to us when we walk by or bend down. She no longer pecks, nips, and doesn’t even think about attacking! Maybe it was due to her laying soon that she started doing the most, but within the week they start to do the submission squat they laid eggs!
I can’t guarantee that your chicken’s behavior will change but this is just my experience ^-^
She was hormonal. Lol

Back
Top Bottom