How to use chicken wire

Start off with a T-150 staple gun then secure it afterwards with fence staples.
Anything "rolled up" acquires "memory" because the rolling effect stretches the material with each revolution.
When stretching "chicken wire, think of it like a bed sheet. Stretch from corner to corner.
Notice the horizontal straight across the honey comb pattern? That is where to apply the strongest tension.
If you don't have rough "blue collar hands", gloves will be needed.
Remember, chicken wire is used for keeping chickens in, not predators out.
No sir. My hands are dainty as a chicken feather.

I do these types of things by myself - only not with chicken wire, but hardware cloth. ;)

Ugh that's me too. I have a ton of HWC cut up in the garage right now, awaiting install... and dozens of tiny pinpricks and scrapes on my knees, shins, elbows, from trying to hold it in place while cutting.

I actually have better luck with chicken wire, as it cuts more easily. It only gets me when I unwisely reach into my garden beds where the wire overlaps...

Ugh that's me too. I have a ton of HWC cut up in the garage right now, awaiting install... and dozens of tiny pinpricks and scrapes on my knees, shins, elbows, from trying to hold it in place while cutting.

I actually have better luck with chicken wire, as it cuts more easily. It only gets me when I unwisely reach into my garden beds where the wire overlaps...
I have dainty hands and need to use gloves. :D

Oh that's with gloves on! So my hands are mostly spared. Just the rest of my arms and legs take the brunt of the damage. :p
Oh yes. I see what you are saying now. So far, I've only worked with it with long sleeves and a jacket on because apparently I choose cold days to work outside. ;) Of course, once I had to take off my gloves because they weren't working for me and I drilled a screw into the side of my finger. Oops!

Back
Top Bottom