How You Know You're Raising Your Child Right

Noble Rooster

Songster
10 Years
Apr 28, 2009
NY
My son and I were doing a phonics book together; the focus was on the short "e" sound. One of the pictures was of a chicken, with the correct matching word being "hen". DS points to it and says "rooster" immediately (he can't read "hen" yet). I looked at the photo. Yup, it was of a rooster. :) The phonics book clearly needs editors with chicken knowledge....

LOL! Smart boy!
lau.gif

We had the same thing happen when my son was in Kindergarten, except it was my husband that spotted the error. He was helping my son with a worksheet featuring the letter H. He pointed to a postage-stamp sized image of a round little chicken and said, "I don't usually pay that much attention to these things, but isn't that a rooster?"
I looked. "Yup, you can see the hackles and saddle feathers - that's a Cochin rooster." Full marks to the artist that drew it, but the person making worksheets needs a bit of schooling!

My son and I were doing a phonics book together; the focus was on the short "e" sound. One of the pictures was of a chicken, with the correct matching word being "hen". DS points to it and says "rooster" immediately (he can't read "hen" yet). I looked at the photo. Yup, it was of a rooster.
smile.png
The phonics book clearly needs editors with chicken knowledge....

Maybe your DS could get a job here on the "what breed or gender is this" forum, lol. Good for him!

Back
Top Bottom