Show me your flock(and I’ll show you mine)

I have a total of 21 chickens and 3 ducks
As well as two chicks and some eggs incubating.

Here’s all of my feathered babies and their names! (Two are unnamed so names are welcomed as well)

Feel free to drop pics and names of your flock as well!
View attachment 3667302
This is Holly Peño a RIR and has two eggs in lockdown right now

View attachment 3667304this is Beauty and she’s a Australorp and mom of both the chicks and has 4 eggs in lockdown
View attachment 3667305
This is Baby and she’s also and Australorp
View attachment 3667308
This is Emily. Her and another chicken (Prince) are supposed to be Buff orpingtons. I’m not sure what she’s mixed with.
View attachment 3667310
This is Sparkles. She’s supposed to be a chocolate Orpington but I’m not sure what she’s mixed with. She’s my biggest hen.
View attachment 3667311
This is Cookie she’s also a chocolate orp. She could be mixed but I have no idea.
View attachment 3667313
This is Henrietta and she’s a black sex link.
View attachment 3667315
This is Arcus and she is named after arcus clouds. She’s a blue rock
View attachment 3667316
This is Lady and she’s the tiniest of all the chickens. She’s a cream legbar. (And she shares 1 brain cell with the lavenders)
View attachment 3667317
This is Lavern. She is the biggest and darkest of the lavender orpingtons. She act like the older child
View attachment 3667318
This is Shirley. She’s the middle child of the lavenders. Both in size color and just acts like a middle child
View attachment 3667322
This is Lily. She’s more purple and lighter color and smaller than the other two. She acts like the youngest child. Her and Lavern often break out of the run to explore the backyard together.
View attachment 3667329
This is Heather. She’s a golden comet and has less white then Cream.
View attachment 3667336
This is Cream. She’s a golden comet too and has more white in her.
View attachment 3667355
This is Dot. She’s a Cuckoo maran.
View attachment 3667341
This is Roscoe. Aka Sherrie Roscoe. He’s a barred rock and I was told would be a girl. (A long with the other two unnamed barred rocks) Once he matures enough he will be Head Rooster (and probably the only rooster)
View attachment 3667342
This is unnamed barred rock 1. He constantly looks pissed off and I don’t know why but it’s a little funny. (Feel free to suggest a name. His name was Princess Lay)
View attachment 3667372
This is unnamed barred rock 2 who We often refer to as MeepMeep because he reminds us of roadrunner. As you can see he’s incredibly fast and apparently camera shy
View attachment 3667344
This is Prince aka the Chicken Formally Known As Princess. (His name is a double joke I often have to explain but he was thought to be a female for a while hence the name Princess. But upon finding out he was a he I renamed him Prince. Which is also the name of an older artist who for a short time went by the name of The Artist Formally Known As Prince.) he’s supposed to be a Buff and he has more buff colors on him then Emily.
View attachment 3667347This is Jerry. The bane of my existence. He’s a RIR. He often tries to attack my ankles but always fails due to the main rooster having a crush on me and always protecting me.
View attachment 3667351
This is Russel Crow. He's a RIR. He’s top Rooster for now (until a new one is picked and mature then he will get a nice cushy retirement.)
To say he’s a mommas boy is an understatement. I’m sure if he could replace my husband he’d do it in a heartbeat. He’s a total gentleman and a great dancer.
View attachment 3667352
This is Evangeline. She’s a very skidish Muscovy. When she was bought I was told she’s laying age but she’s yet to lay. She’s VERY quick and outsmarts me constantly.
View attachment 3667362
This is Sunny (orange beak) and Toothless(yellow beak). Sunny is bigger and more aggressive(in a loving way) and on occasions loves to bite at my toes and chase them. Toothless is more laid back and soft (in a loving way) and a bit smaller. They’re both so very attached to each other I doubt I’ll ever have babies from them lol.

And last but not least
View attachment 3667370
The babies. The older bigger one is Bella and the smaller younger one is Sila. Both are Beauty’s babies. Sila possibly has Russel as a dad while Bella may have Prince as a dad. I have no clue other than Sila has a little dot of red on her head. (And the fact I only have 3 mate mature males)

That’s my entire flock! Let me see yours or drop some name suggestions below! Whatever you’d like!
I have some sad news. Emily’s life has come to an end via our dog (who is use to the chickens and the chickens them)

Holly is in intensive care due to our dog. She was hurt slightly but in shock more than anything. She’s inside around the babies so maybe the sounds of the cheeps calm her.

And Lady is missing. She could be injured and possibly in shock however she is no where in the premises. There’s holes in the fence on my neighbors side due to a storm and they took one side of their fence down exposing woods so she may be in there but she’s so tiny she could be anywhere. I will update on how Holly and Lady go.

RIP Emily. You will be very much missed.

I have some sad news. Emily’s life has come to an end via our dog (who is use to the chickens and the chickens them)

Holly is in intensive care due to our dog. She was hurt slightly but in shock more than anything. She’s inside around the babies so maybe the sounds of the cheeps calm her.

And Lady is missing. She could be injured and possibly in shock however she is no where in the premises. There’s holes in the fence on my neighbors side due to a storm and they took one side of their fence down exposing woods so she may be in there but she’s so tiny she could be anywhere. I will update on how Holly and Lady go.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! :hugs

Holly didn’t make it and my dog got my roo Prince who survived but passed due to the shock as well.

We luckily have a few babies from Holly and Prince hatching soon.

Here’s all of my feathered babies and their names! (Two are unnamed so names are welcomed as well)

View attachment 3667302

View attachment 3667304this is Beauty and she’s a Australorp and mom of both the chicks and has 4 eggs in lockdown
View attachment 3667305
View attachment 3667308
This is Emily. Her and another chicken (Prince) are supposed to be Buff orpingtons. I’m not sure what she’s mixed with.
View attachment 3667310
This is Sparkles. She’s supposed to be a chocolate Orpington but I’m not sure what she’s mixed with. She’s my biggest hen.
View attachment 3667311
This is Cookie she’s also a chocolate orp. She could be mixed but I have no idea.
View attachment 3667313
View attachment 3667315
View attachment 3667316
This is Lady and she’s the tiniest of all the chickens. She’s a cream legbar. (And she shares 1 brain cell with the lavenders)
View attachment 3667317
This is Lavern. She is the biggest and darkest of the lavender orpingtons. She act like the older child
View attachment 3667318
This is Shirley. She’s the middle child of the lavenders. Both in size color and just acts like a middle child
View attachment 3667322
This is Lily. She’s more purple and lighter color and smaller than the other two. She acts like the youngest child. Her and Lavern often break out of the run to explore the backyard together.
View attachment 3667329
View attachment 3667336
View attachment 3667355
View attachment 3667341
This is Roscoe. Aka Sherrie Roscoe. He’s a barred rock and I was told would be a girl. (A long with the other two unnamed barred rocks) Once he matures enough he will be Head Rooster (and probably the only rooster)
View attachment 3667342
This is unnamed barred rock 1. He constantly looks pissed off and I don’t know why but it’s a little funny. (Feel free to suggest a name. His name was Princess Lay)
View attachment 3667372
This is unnamed barred rock 2 who We often refer to as MeepMeep because he reminds us of roadrunner. As you can see he’s incredibly fast and apparently camera shy
View attachment 3667344
This is Prince aka the Chicken Formally Known As Princess. (His name is a double joke I often have to explain but he was thought to be a female for a while hence the name Princess. But upon finding out he was a he I renamed him Prince. Which is also the name of an older artist who for a short time went by the name of The Artist Formally Known As Prince.) he’s supposed to be a Buff and he has more buff colors on him then Emily.
View attachment 3667347This is Jerry. The bane of my existence. He’s a RIR. He often tries to attack my ankles but always fails due to the main rooster having a crush on me and always protecting me.
View attachment 3667351
This is Russel Crow. He's a RIR. He’s top Rooster for now (until a new one is picked and mature then he will get a nice cushy retirement.)
To say he’s a mommas boy is an understatement. I’m sure if he could replace my husband he’d do it in a heartbeat. He’s a total gentleman and a great dancer.
View attachment 3667352
This is Evangeline. She’s a very skidish Muscovy. When she was bought I was told she’s laying age but she’s yet to lay. She’s VERY quick and outsmarts me constantly.
View attachment 3667362
This is Sunny (orange beak) and Toothless(yellow beak). Sunny is bigger and more aggressive(in a loving way) and on occasions loves to bite at my toes and chase them. Toothless is more laid back and soft (in a loving way) and a bit smaller. They’re both so very attached to each other I doubt I’ll ever have babies from them lol.

And last but not least
View attachment 3667370
The babies. The older bigger one is Bella and the smaller younger one is Sila. Both are Beauty’s babies. Sila possibly has Russel as a dad while Bella may have Prince as a dad. I have no clue other than Sila has a little dot of red on her head. (And the fact I only have 3 mate mature males)

That’s my entire flock! Let me see yours or drop some name suggestions below! Whatever you’d like!
To add more to the 6 babies there’s 3 more recently hatched.
(The 6 were named Bella, Sila, Piccola, Salsa, Myra, and Jasmin)
Princess(named after her dad Prince)
IMG_1983.jpeg

No name yet (my cousin wants this one)
IMG_2033.jpeg

And possibly Belle Pepper
IMG_2032.jpeg

Here are the names of our 25 hens along with a picture that captures most of them. They're 22 weeks old except for Stealth. She just showed up one day in our run and they all act like she's always been part of the gang.

Marshmallow - Delaware
Pearl-Delaware
Chicken Little - Delaware
Smoke - easter Egger
Robin Hood-easter egger
Oreo- Barred Rock
Cruella-Barred Rock
Panda-Barred Rock
Comet-Golden Comet
Nova-golden Comet
Star-Golden Comet
Hailey-golden comet
Stella-golden comet
Black Betty-black australorp
Shady Lady-black australorp
Sheila-black australorp
Brekkie-black australorp
Stealth - black australorp
Penny-rhode island red
Rita-rhode island red
Rosy-rhode island red
Ariel-rhode island red
Topknot-olive egger
Pom Pom-olive egger
Mohawk-olive egger
I love Stealth's story thats funny how you explained it, she just showed up when day and acts like shes always been there 🤣🐓❤️

Oh what good news!! My neighbor had 9 chickens they didn’t want anymore and decided to give them to me! So I have 8 new egg layers (and new eggs to incubate) and 9 more chickens to name! I’ll take pics later.
7 are comets
1 is a welsummer
And 1 is some kind of mixed roo that kinda ironically looks like a smaller version of Prince lol.

View attachment 3667302

View attachment 3667305
View attachment 3667308
View attachment 3667310
View attachment 3667311
View attachment 3667313
View attachment 3667315
View attachment 3667316
View attachment 3667317
View attachment 3667318
View attachment 3667322
View attachment 3667329
View attachment 3667336
View attachment 3667355
View attachment 3667341
View attachment 3667342
View attachment 3667372
View attachment 3667344
View attachment 3667351
View attachment 3667352
View attachment 3667362

And last but not least
View attachment 3667370

Love your flock! Ant the names are great I have a Lavern and Shirley as well. Barred Rocks 1 that seems to always seem mad... I think Archie Bunker would be a good name for him and maybe call the other meathead🤣🤣

Love your flock! Ant the names are great I have a Lavern and Shirley as well. Barred Rocks 1 that seems to always seem mad... I think Archie Bunker would be a good name for him and maybe call the other meathead🤣🤣
lol thank you so much! It’s always a blast naming them! We ended up naming the barred rocks Roscoe, Larry(I’m sure eventually we will have a Gary and a terry and so on lol) and MeepMeep! We have some chicks we named but could grow up to be boys so I’ll save Archie and meathead incase they’re a boy.

The chicks are Bella, Sila, Piccola, and Jasmine.

Back
Top Bottom