Howdy from Upstate SC

I'm in Greenville County in the Upstate of SC, and here are my answers to the posted questions:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Although I've had some limited experience with other livestock animals (sheep, a pair of ducks, and dairy cows), I never had chickens before I got my first box of babies last week.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I got 5 peeps at my local Tractor Supply.

3) What breeds do you have?
I knew I wanted a mixed flock, so I picked out 1 of each from the 4 breeds that were labeled pullets and took a risk on 1 straight run. The breeds were ISA Brown, Golden Comet, Rhode Island Red, Sex Link Black, and Barred Rock.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Don't really know yet, except the peeps are super cute!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like herb&veg gardening, reading, tv&movies, and hiking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm a mom of 2, boy and girl, born 8 years apart. My husband and I both work for the county, although in very different jobs. I grew up in rural Upstate NY, but I've lived in suburban SC now for almost 20 years.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've read a lot of books in preparation for my new peeps, but there's only so far books can take you!
Welcome Becca77, im in the upstate too. Let me know if you have any questions with your new peeps.

Back
Top Bottom