Howdy--i'm a newbie now living In Panama

welcome-byc.gif
from Georgia

I agree with the others who stated that it may not work out sending eggs down south.
As you probably know things are a little slower down there. Local would be your best bet, maybe even Costa. I love Panama hoping to come down after the rainy season.

Good Luck

I loved David! Best strawberries and cream ever! If you ever venture down to the city, Melos (between the city and the airport if i remember correctly) used to sell bunches of chicks

Greeting from the other side of Panama!
We live near Bocas del Toro and have very reliable one way mail service because we pay a premium price for Mail Boxes Etc. It's a Miami address and from there it ships to Panama. However, every single package that comes into Panama goes through customs where it is opened and inspected. This of course causes delivery delays. Almost any package shipped from the U.S. takes a month to get here. Even if they would allow eggs to be shipped in, they'd be no good before they even got here.
We too see plenty of mutt chickens around here including some of the ones we purchased. We always had chickens when we lived in Wisconsin and loved to be able to choose our favorite breeds from the catalogs. Here all we can do is get a the number of "grab bag" day old chicks. Fortunately what we ended up with last time turned out to be what look like Orpingtons or at least have a lot of Orpington in them. We've never owned that breed before nor had considered them, but they're now at the top of our list as our favorite breed.

Hola Bob, I am Chiriqui Chix here in Boquete a newbie. I see your posts are several months old are you still a chicken parent.? I have just recently moved to PMA from Az and want to realize a long held desire to own chickens. Right now I have a casita on the property of some Panamenos who have chickens.Regular chickens. I really want something fancy but had the same question you did couple years ago. So were you able to obtain any fancy chickens, if so ,do you mind telling me where. I am building a coop presently with the duenos help. should be finished next week. I am retired but am here as an international volunteer. I want pet chickens and I can do that here now. Well I hope your flock is flourishing....Sylvia

Back
Top Bottom