Huge chick...hulk?

Hollim

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Anderson, SC
About 3 weeks ago I bought chicks at tractor supply. 4 were out of the pullet leghorn bin, 2 from the California pullet bin, a variety of random pullets, and 1 from the rir straight run bin. So, they all started at the same sweet size. Now, I have a monster sized leghorn! After a week, I just thought maybe she was a rooster mixed in with the pullets, she and the single rir were about the same size. I’m thinking I ended up with 2 roosters, no biggie. Then she doubled everyone’s size, so I started thinking maybe she was older and got mixed in with the younger ones..... now, she’s even further ahead... 3 times her own breed, the California’s and 4 or more times bigger than the smaller breeds. She seems like she is tired, or she is breathing like she is turning into the hulk sometimes. I’ve looked her over, she looks rough from her big girl feathers growing, but I don’t see any abnormalities. Are they like people and some are just bigger? Could something be wrong? Any experience or ideas? Thanks

I am having a heck of a time with the way some advertisements are effecting the mobile app... my initial thought is that it is a cornish cross or similar, but someone with more experience with that breed would need to look at pictures/videos. My experience with them is limited due to preferences for slowly grown meat birds. I would be of less help.

Idk if that worked, I’ve never been able to post photos or videos from iPad or iPhone on here, I need to research it more. Ugh

The second video, you can see her laying in the light, the white chick beside her, came from the same pullet bin as she, you could not tell them apart, she started right along with the little black ones. You can see they all scurried away, I had to shoo her to go play with them

Back
Top Bottom