Huge worm in poop!

Thank you! I actually came across that post yesterday in my research. One question: where did you find the dosage? .25mL/lb kinda seems like a lot to me. That means my 6 lb bird needs 1.5 mL of Safeguard? Yikes. I made a note on my Safeguard from previous treatments and I gave them each 0.6 mL but maybe that wasn't enough. There is so much conflicting info out there about this drug and I want to make sure I give them the right dosage. There's also tons of conflicting info about egg withdrawal. Some ppl say throw eggs out from the first day of tx until 14 days after...which seems crazy to me because that means a month w/o eggs. But then some ppl say no problem to eat them. Which is it??!
.06 is not correct.
.23ml per pound rounded to .25 is correct.

Eating the eggs is a personal choice.
You do what you feel comfortable doing.

In my understanding you are correct that when dry it will dry out anything, and therefore kill, with an external exoskeleton.
However, I believe that when taken internally it acts differentry. The silica in the de cleanses or detoxes the body thus removing the worms.

🤷‍♀️ I think there are as many websites showing that worming using de works as doesn’t work so perhaps we should compromise and say that the jury is out on this one 😊
I'm talking from personal experience. I used DE when I first started out with chickens. It simply doesnt prevent nor eliminate worms, period. It is ineffective when wet. The innards inside a chicken are wet.

Back
Top Bottom