Human Incubation of Chicken Eggs

Incubated egg in cleavage?

• Yes, I have tried this myself, but only to keep an egg warm breifly while adjusting/prepping incubat

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Yes, I have done this and it failed (within the first 24 hours)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I have done this and it failed (within the first 48 hours)

• Yes, I have done this and it failed (within 4-7 days)

• Yes, I have done this, failed (longer than 7 days)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • No, I have never done this, and have never thought of it

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • No, I have never done this, but have thought of it, or joked about it

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No, I have never done this, but I have heard of others doing it

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
I haven't tried to hatch an egg, but I have had chicks in my bra when they needed frequent attention.
hide.gif
To be very frank, they seemed to prefer burrowing under rather than between, if you catch my drift. If you have enough equipment to try one under each, I think that would be a bit warmer.

It would also probably give things a boost, like cutlets.
gig.gif

Thanks for the link! So, it looks like she went 10 days and things were looking good, then moved to incubator and it died a few days later.... hmm.. gives me some more hope.

Last night was tricky, and may have me losing any chances at it as egg rolled out of the shelf bra in my tank top. I dont' know how long it was out, but it was still tucked under me. So tonight I will actually sleep with a bra on and see if that helps. I just want to make sure it gets enough air.
Also, I have added a splash of water each time i wash my hands, makes it easy to remember and happens many times in a day.

Night 4 commencing.

Yeah, being under it more accurate. There is ample equipment to probably go for four eggs at a time, just think one is best to start w/ right now. plus... it's like a guaranteed 21 or a few more days of celibacy! : )

Update: Day 7 night 8, I can see there has been growth via candeling. Just not sure that its viable.

I guess i could use some advice here. This is a pretty dark egg. Each day I see the 'growth' spot a little more but i'm worried that it's a blood spot. I keep looking at candelig pix online and sometimes I am certain it has died, or is a blood spot, other times i get encouraged by seeing a photo that says it was 'good' and looks similar. I'm just not sure.

I don't want a boob bomb! But.... I don't want to give in if it COULD be happening.

I predict that the development will be slightly slower as body temp is lower than ideal...

thoughts?

Update: Day 7 night 8, I can see there has been growth via candeling. Just not sure that its viable.

I guess i could use some advice here. This is a pretty dark egg. Each day I see the 'growth' spot a little more but i'm worried that it's a blood spot. I keep looking at candelig pix online and sometimes I am certain it has died, or is a blood spot, other times i get encouraged by seeing a photo that says it was 'good' and looks similar. I'm just not sure.

I don't want a boob bomb! But.... I don't want to give in if it COULD be happening.

I predict that the development will be slightly slower as body temp is lower than ideal...

thoughts?

I had the same problem when i started incubating eggs, you would see one picture and think your egg is good, and then see another to make you think that its not.

Could you post a picture here, im sure someone would be able to help you.

I am wondering if you could do this with guinea eggs. I am tooooo terrified to do it with a chicken egg. The guinea egg shells are a heck of a lot stronger. But I don't know if this would work. I'd like to try it.

Back
Top Bottom