Hunting Thread

I Love Layers

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 25, 2015
I've decided to start a hunting thread here since I LOVE !
You can also talk about reloading, target shooting and anything hunting related as long as it's appropriate and legal!

1. Please stay away from extremely bloody photos
2. Make sure that you are hunting legally, in season, correct sex etc.
3. If you don't like hunting please don't come here just to bash us.
4. Please keep this at least PG-13

If anyone has any other ideas for rules etc please message me!

Can't wait to meet everyone and have some great conversations!

hello bird/rabbit hunter here.

i personally enjoy hunting any type of game bird from ducks to geese to sharpies to pheasants (might i have only seen one pheasant my whole life but i enjoyed trying to hunt them) also i love rabbit hunting jack rabbits and cotton tails for meat.

Last edited:
I don't go hunting, but there are a few reasons for it. First, I would have to travel far to do it. I do not know any one with large stretches of land/farm where I could do it. Many years ago I along with a friend, did try to hunt pheasant in a State Park designated for public access. The State would place and release pheasants into the forest for the hunters. I guess they were farm raised pheasant. That in my opinion was equivalent to going to a farm and shooting chickens on the ground. I did not see any sportsmanship in this. Then we went to visit a private hunting club grounds. Inside we saw a bunch of killed birds, with a sign above. PLEASE REMOVE YOUR BIRDS BY (a date) OR THEY WILL BE THROWN OUT. That kind of hunting did not appeal to me or my friend. We intended to hunt and eat what we got. If you are not going to eat them , just shoot skeet. Then there were some real winners. They shot deer and only took the rack.
My friend did continue his quest to hunt and did get deer, but not every year. Each time he brought the meat home, all enjoyed eating it.
So that is my view of hunting. If you are going to hunt it, then utilize it as well. If you don't want to eat it yourself but give to a neighbor or friend, its just fine. Just so there is no waste.
Nowadays I do enjoy target shooting. The outdoor or indoor range experience is fun.
There are more stories, but for now I think I vented enough.
highfive.gif

Im 14 and got my first white tail doe on youth day with my dad. She dressed out at 130. Made lots of delicious breakfast sausages and steak.
What did you use. Rifle, or bow? You have separate shotgun season, so that is why I ask. Here in Illinois, no rifles allowed. Only shotgun. And Bow and arrow, but that is a longer season.

There is a GOOD REASON for no rifles in congested states with high populations. Example: a 30-06 high power load goes thru deer, then keep going thru bushes, then thru mobile home wall and gets a dude sitting on the toilet reading a newspaper. Well in theory it is possible, so that is the reason behind it. Wisconsin has rifle season, so all from Illinois go there for deer.

Back
Top Bottom