Hurt foot/leg?

9d84runner

Songster
6 Years
Jul 20, 2016
Yuma, AZ
My barred rock has a hurt foot or leg. She won't really walk on it and has been laying down a lot. She has been eating and drinking like normal. I soaked her feet to see if maybe she had a small cut or something stuck but I found nothing. When she walks, she walks on her toes and won't put the pad part down, thought maybe it was bumble foot but nothing. She might have bruised it some how or got stepped on. I just want to make sure it's not a disease of some sort.

I took a video and I cut it down the 12 seconds but it says it's still to big.

Attachments

• 20170729_172219.jpg
    20170729_172219.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170729_172357.jpg
    20170729_172357.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 7
The only way to post a video is to first download on to YouTube, then when you can upload from this site. That was on the old site, maybe things changed on this new one?

Is it possible she sprained her foot? Stepped on something causing a bruised foot pad? Check under the pad of her foot again, if you see any "scabs" or bruising. I would keep her on cushy ground & keep an eye on her. Hopefully others will be of more help....

I'm hoping that is the case. I'll watch her for a few days and see if she will get better. Today I've seen her in and out of the coop. Mostly in the coop. Felt her whole leg to make sure nothing was broken. She didn't roost last night, she slept on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom