I’m over the moon!! I have babies!!!!!

Oldhenhens

Songster
Jan 18, 2021
Central Missouri
This is my second try at incubating eggs. My first was a big fail. One chick and 4 keets but two died. The incubator was cheap and awful. I since upgraded and tried again. Success beyond my belief! I set 28 eggs. I tossed a leaking egg yesterday morning and by afternoon I had two chicks. This morning I have 13 chicks! My family doesn’t get it. They say great and congratulations but they don’t understand. I just had to share! Out or the 14 remaining eggs I see another 7 that show promise to hatch maybe. Thanks to everyone’s advice and holding my hand through the process.
CE381273-C704-4280-930E-59AC381DB79C.jpeg

What breed are they?
Lol! Barnyard mix! This was an incubator learning experience and curious what my mixes might look like. Roosters are black Cochin! Black Copper Maran, brown leghorn, black lace red Wyandotte and two EE. ALL my roosters except the Cochin were planned for the rest were supposed to be pullets. My hens and pullets are buff Orpington, Wyandotte, barred rock, RIR, EE, Australorp, buckeye, buff Brahmas. So…..mixes. I can’t tell yet if any have feathered feet or cheek muffs. All I care about is NO MORE ROOSTERS!!!! 🤦‍♀️ 🤣

Lol! Barnyard mix! This was an incubator learning experience and curious what my mixes might look like. Roosters are black Cochin! Black Copper Maran, brown leghorn, black lace red Wyandotte and two EE. ALL my roosters except the Cochin were planned for the rest were supposed to be pullets. My hens and pullets are buff Orpington, Wyandotte, barred rock, RIR, EE, Australorp, buckeye, buff Brahmas. So…..mixes. I can’t tell yet if any have feathered feet or cheek muffs. All I care about is NO MORE ROOSTERS!!!! 🤦‍♀️ 🤣
I hope they grow big and healthy!

Back
Top Bottom