I’ve created a monster… meet Possum

MamaBirds_Quail

Chirping
Aug 25, 2022
8B07E28D-8B22-4345-B7FE-2DA189D402CB.jpeg

Possum had a LOT of trouble hatching and I was really sure he wouldnt survive the night. He was limp, weak, quiet, it was bad!
BE4E6E8E-7EA0-4359-91F2-7B45EE5A7557.jpeg

He ended up getting a lot of extra snuggle time with me checking on him; the first time he fell asleep belly up I was like “aww look! So tired he couldn’t even right himself before passing out!”
DA6A2662-80C5-46A5-A348-F8E68DBA0417.jpeg

But, nope! This is just his jam 😂 I hatched a golden retriever in a tiny quail body! — he even loves belly rubs!
2CA1059A-138A-4301-AABA-57FA3AE9D946.jpeg

He goes limp like this in the brooder too, so I’ve been hand feeding him a bit to make sure he’s not being trampled too much by his 22 hatch-mates.

Cleary mistakes have been made and this is my son now. Dear Possum, you are now contractually obligated to survive, I hope you know that!

is it just me, or is it always the injured ones who are the most loved by their owners?
I have a hen that was injured when she was a few weeks old. I nurses her back to health. She had a big chunk of flesh missing from her backside. Just by the tail feathers. She was the runt of the dozen chicks I got. She is thriving and has started laying tiny white eggs. She is passive and loves to be cuddled. Had her caged with another small black hen. They stay together and roost together every night. Both are gentle and very vocal and will greet you when you open the coop door....❤️

I have a quail son too 😂😂 he looks at me with so much love I haven't the heart to tell him I'm not a quail 😂😂View attachment 3260604
sweet!

one of my (full grown!) roosters thought I was a hen... you probably figure out what he did...
he (afterwards) was turned into a delicious chicken soup

Back
Top Bottom