I am having a bad day!!

Rebecca, you joined my personal pity party so I'll support you in yours.
smile.png

Hugs to you on this awful chapter you're living right now. I'll tell you the same thing I'm telling myself: This, too, shall pass.

It still stinks, though.

So sorry for you. Hope you feel better today

Ask the machanic about a fuel injector service. Mine's in the shop right now waiting for 4wd parts. I was bringing it in for injector service when I lost 4wd. From what I understand, it cleans out all the gook in the injectors...$108.00

Can't hurt to ask. 4wd...$3800. ouch

Yeah, today's been an alright day so far as long as nothing else dies! Our truck is 4 wd too. I pray nothing happens to that! I am already almost tempted to tell the car lot that this one came from to kiss my rear and bring it back. It has been nothing but trouble. It caught fire the say my husband brought it home. Come to find out the exhause manifold bolts were broke off and there was only 2 holding it on. They knew that truck was messed up and they SWORE there was nothing wrong with it and they just CAN'T BELIEVE that we've had so much trouble out of it. One of the guys who works on their vehicles told us later that it was a piece of junk and we should never have gotten it and if he'd known beforehand he would have warned us! But my dh likes it beause it is big and tough looking never mind that we will end up with over $12,000 in a 10 year old truck. Who cares-it has a flat bed and a big bumper where you can put a wench! Oh well, I guess he's the one working while I play on the computer. Whatever makes him happy. Now I can tell him that his toys cost more than mine! And mine produce eggs and meat and milk! His produces more bills!
th.gif

I swear there is a special place in hell for people who sell lousy used cars! Especially to people they know cannot afford another loss!
rant.gif

Once upon a time I worked for a dealership -- it was awful. They'd rip people off and then go around high fiving each other!
somad.gif
They were doing illegal things to get people into debt they couldn't afford for junker cars that wouldn't last as long as the debt did! I finally reported them to the state auditor general's office and quit.
tongue.gif
But nothing happened to them.

If you bought used from a dealer you have protection under the federal Lemon Law. Go back and talk to the dealer, tell them what is wrong and ask them when they will have it fixed. Not if, when. I hope you are feeling better now, I really do, I understand where you are coming from completely and it's hard.

My husband is supposed to go talk to them today. He asked me if I wanted to but at that point I was too mad, plus I had already given them an earful when it caught on fire. I think it's his turn.

Arkansas lemon laws:

http://www.ag.state.ar.us/pdfs/Lemonlawbooklet.pdf

It states:

Who Is Covered Under the Lemon Law?
Any consumer who buys, leases, or licenses a new motor vehicle in the State of Arkansas is covered by the Lemon Law during the time period described below.
The consumer is protected during the term of the manufacturer’s warranty for up to two (2) years after the original delivery date of the vehicle OR for the first 24,000 miles, whichever occurs last. If the vehicle is transferred to someone else during this period, that owner or person leasing the vehicle is also covered under the Lemon Law

If the truck is way out of the manufacturer's warranty, you might be out of luck. It seems that Arkansas' lemon law doesn't do much if it is an older used vehicle. Unfortunately, most state lemon laws don't help you unless the used car dealer gave you a warranty. My guess is that the only warranty it had was a "taillight warranty." The warranty is only good until you drive it off the lot and they can't see te taillights anymore.

Back
Top Bottom