This is not a joke...turkey puberty!!

WhiteCollarWeezy

Positive Chick
Premium Feather Member
Sep 13, 2022
Central Arkansas
Last year we hatched 3 males and 1 female. We have red and rocky, our grown toms, that have always bossed all the ladies in the yard . Now the new young toms have hit puberty and are unsuccessfully trying to top their hens. We have a flat piece of wood in the yard to level out our waterer and it looks like a hen ready to breed. A storm came through AR and blew over that waterer..wood exposed. My husband and I went out to smoke that next morning and this young tom was on top of that piece of wood shaking and spraying. My husband looked over at me and says "talk about morning wood." o my...made my day had to call my mother and two friends. They thought it was a joke. But seriously wish i would have got a video. Turkey teens SMH

You think that's bad mine doesn't need even a piece of wood they do themselves just wait till you see that. :lau But that is usually my toms doing that not the jakes. Almost took a pic of one doing it today.

You think that's bad mine doesn't need even a piece of wood they do themselves just wait till you see that.
yes they are doing that also. no kidding a few days later it was a large flat rock. you can only image what my husband said
:lau But that is usually my toms doing that not the jakes. Almost took a pic of one doing it today.
We are just not quick enough for turkey photo capture. lol. and my security camera was not pointed in right direction to record. My toms always strut but never just shake and spray the air. Old folks i suppose

Back
Top Bottom