I am not trying to be a smarty pants but...

I knew I'd get some answers here
ya.gif
! I hate that OFF stuff, makes me nauseous, but thanks. Do guineas get along with RIR's?
lol.png
IMP!

I still have plenty of blood, ChicKat, I usually catch them while they are still looking for a place to "roost"
tongue.png

I always thought skin so soft was just for mosquitoes...shows to go ya how much I know...gotta try that!

I eat tons of garlic...I use fresh garlic in almost everything I eat...guess my attackers love it too. haha! But I will try the B vitamin thing. I would also not be adverse to the flea collar around the ankles either.

I like your idea darkmatter,but I don't imagine I get much done in the garden or chick tending
gig.gif

Thanks to you all for the great suggestions!
yippiechickie.gif

I am allergic to Deet so I can't use Off or anything else. I use Skin-so-soft. My husband puts deep woods off on his clothing before he puts them on- he swears by that.

Quote:
100% agreed....Guinea fowl will get rid of your tick problems
big_smile.png

X100% not only will the Guinea's help with tick issues...but they make GREAT watch-birds and are VERY entertaining!

Since I got chickens 2 years ago and let them free range a few hours a day, I hardly ever see ticks in my yard anymore. Do you let your chickens free range at all? My kids are all over the yard and we have been lucky so far. Knock on wood! My two year old had a tick last week but that was after playing in the tall grass while we were watching his brothers soccer game. We used to have lots of ticks, my oldest son even had lyme disease before we had the chickens.

I also think ticks vary from year to year. 2 years ago we were all covered, no one believed me when I told them how many ticks we picked off every night. This year not so much, and chickens just now starting to free range, so that's not it either. I hate bug spray too, but around ankles could help! Good luck.

There is also a product made for hunters called no stinkin bugs. It works wonders too, and like the name implies, has no odor, but even better for me, no greasy feeling on your skin. The price tag is a little prohibitive, which is why i only use it for hunting.

Back
Top Bottom