I am proud of my fellow Americans - Xmass retail sales down

buc

Songster
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
kansas
Finally- maybe, well I hope, that my fellow american has stop overspending and is getting real about what they make and how much they can spend.

Hint, the amount one makes can not be greater then what one makes.

(free economic lesson- but the next one someone is paying for --- in CAH)
lol.png

I have to agree - too much overspending is what put us here.. too many banks offering free and easy credit too. I remember passing all those credit card tables during college (11 years ago- yikes!) and thinking anyone standing there and filling out the paperwork was insane. Most of them were doing it because they had no cash... uhm, hello! Worse yet, the banks were approving them. I know we cut way back this December in our gift giving. Kids got 3 gifts from Santa (each) and family received homemade quilts by moi... form material I had left over from other projects. Good luck to anyone out there trying to make it through this mess.... things will turn around, but it will take a few years. Start thinking fewer chachkies, more necessities. Travel by car, vacation locally, and take time to get to know your neighbors.

I can't spend anymore my credit cards are all maxed out. I think the low sales were due to unemployment and people afraid they may be unemployed in the near future. At least people are smart enough not to spend knowing they may not be employed in a few months.

Quote:
???????

note my correction

Hint, the amount one spends can not be greater then what one makes.

Quote:
That is a heck of a mess for some that think they need stuff now before they have cash to buy it.

I paid in cash as I always do for the things I need/want. I will always ask for a cash discount, rarely do I ask the clerk because they don't normally have the power to grant a discount.

Most retailers are charged a fee by the Credit Card Company on each perchase. If I am refused a discount I ask the manager what is the fee charged to thier store, after he tells me, I ask for that amount as a chase discount. IF I still am not granted the discount I charge the purchase - making my point to the store manager and there by costing him more to complete the sale to me.

Back
Top Bottom