I am so excited I can hardly stand it! New Papillon puppy purchased....the wait is going to KILL me

Kelly G

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Tampa (Wesley Chapel), Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I owned and showed three Papillons for the better part of 20 years. The loss of my last one in 2006 nearly broke my heart, and I didn't feel ready to get a new one.

I've kept myself busy with our Corgi (she passed in December), our British Shorthair cats (4 of them), my chickens, and my horses.

We are down-sizing some of what we have (sold all my chickens and one of my horses and we are selling our barn), and I have been so sad....even though the changes are positive (we will be moving to the N.C. mountains in 2014 when our daughter graduates from high school here).

I was telling my husband I didn't know what to do with all my free time - I'm so use to being busy showing and competing...and it all has come to a grinding halt.

Soooooooooo..........my darling husband surprised me by putting a deposit down on a male Papillon puppy - from a breeder I have admired for YEARS!

Now, I will have a new little buddy...and a co-conspirator in kicking-butt in the show ring! This time, I'm going to learn to handle myself....instead of paying a handler. the toy-breeds are SO competitive, but I can do this! At least I'll have fun trying!

I'd like to present to you -

Mangolese Avec Bravissimo (name pending), call name will be "Bravo"

He is 5 days old in this picture...but is 16 days old today...He will be ready to be picked up at 12 weeks (November)

Here is Dad (American and Swiss Champion):

And this is his Mom (American Ch.)

I have filled my time buying toys....but it is going to be a VERY long wait!!!!

Ugh!!!!

Last edited:
Awwww
love.gif
Beautiful parents. You made a good choice.

ETA: The North Carolina mountains are BEAUTIFUL. One of my favorite places on earth.
There are lots of dog shows a short drive around there in NC, SC, and Tenn. Good luck.

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhh........I'm so excited!! Thanks, Glenmar :)

When I look, it looks like there are a lot more shows up in that area than we have down here :-( I can't wait to get up there!

We went shopping over the weekend and started our welcome-home puppy collection - It was fun to shop!!

Congrats! My daughter and I watched Paps last weekend in Raleigh. She says that's what she wants when she gets out on her own. We talked to a breeder that a friend of mine knows, but it will be years before she's ready for a dog of her own - she's still in high school.

I got my first when I was 22...just after graduating from college :) He was a rescue from a puppy mill in the midwest that was featured on 20/20 back in 1990.

He was such a good dog - here he (Jasper) is...

A couple of years later, I purchased a puppy to show...His name was "Stuff" - he was the greatest dog I've ever had (well, I guess they all are...but I really, really loved him) -

...and I had a third one that I fostered until he found a perfect home - this is Cruiser laying down in front -

Back
Top Bottom