I am so sorry - Bug or disease in my apple tree?

Apr 14, 2019
New York City
First, I would like to say that I'm back :) what happened last year was so long ago - I forgot about it until I found myself back here again. It was an attempt at making a joke and bonding with the community, but I didn't stop to think about other people's feelings, and I wanted to apologize. Just know that you are the best. I love all online communities, and I look upon all past ones with embarrassment.

Anyway, the only real reason I came back was to ask this - even though I do feel guilty for only coming back for myself. As much as I want to participate, my chickens all got their heads bit off last year (to my dismay), and since then I have long forgotten what it was like to own chickens. I also have so much going on in my life right now (school and high school) and so many other online communities that I have come upon and need to participate in. I'm so sorry!

Today my family found that our apple tree had some bugs or disease - we don't know what it is. It would help a lot to find out what it is? They are wilted, but they are only in two or three branches. I wanted help in asking what it is, as I know people in this community are experts in this kind of gardening.

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_204159.jpg
    IMG_20200630_204159.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200630_204238.jpg
    IMG_20200630_204238.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 9
Wow, the 2nd pic is something unusual for apples, if it is spring. The first one looks like a lot of new branches growing from a hacked off leader. Happens. Where do you live, and what season was it when that pic was taken? Possibly normal if autumn. Are you caring for the trees? Your local/state extension service will be great allies on care of fruit trees for your area.

Wow, the 2nd pic is something unusual for apples, if it is spring. The first one looks like a lot of new branches growing from a hacked off leader. Happens. Where do you live, and what season was it when that pic was taken? Possibly normal if autumn. Are you caring for the trees? Your local/state extension service will be great allies on care of fruit trees for your area.
It's summer, actually. What do you mean by extension service?

It's summer, actually. What do you mean by extension service?
State Governments and Counties often have set up a FREE Online and Telephone Information service to help you with Plant, Farm and Animal Questions...with special attention to the climate and ecology of your area. That is often the best place to start with concerns about a diseased plant. They often work with Master Gardener Volunteers to offer workshops and help answer questions, also.

Back
Top Bottom