I am WOMAN..... as I beat my chest show you pictures of my coop!!

Quote:
So his chickens are ok?? You told me you were wondering if they did ok through the night last week since they really weren't confined?! That's funny I think you will have a crowing contest! Your not crabby~ and that's very nice of you to tolerate all them yappy yaps! And I'm very lucky there aren't any roo's around so they won't cause him to crow more.... BUT I have to tell you what happened the other day!!! On Sunday afternoon I brought Gabriel (My cockatoo) outside to play. And he was hanging from his tree swing and I got him all excited and he started flapping his wings and making his monkey call sound swinging back and forth and then the rooster was stunned!!
th.gif
So Beauty~rooster comes running down the hill out back and lets out this crow! and then Gabriel did the monkey call again and then Beauty crowed again! I laughed so hard and then realized I can't let this go on~ So I shushed Gabriel and Beauty didn't crow anymore... but that was so darn funny! Next thing you know Gabriel will start crowing
ep.gif
And then I can honestly tell the neighbors, ohhh that just my parrot making all that noise!
wee.gif
Ohhh I just love all this entertainment!

That is too funny! I thought Gabriel might learn to crow after the rooster started! What a perfect excuse! You can say he learned to crow after hearing a rooster, so what the neighbors are hearing is a parrot crowing like a rooster!

Yes my neighbor has his chickens in a yard with about a 5 foot fence around it. They roost on top of the coop at night. So far, so good with predators, but I shut mine up at night, not being so trusting that nothing will get them. One of his hens came over here the other evening and I tried to catch her but no way. She was too fast. I called him and he said he was not home and she could roost in a tree for tonight and he would get her in the morning. She wasn't causing any trouble, and mine had gone in for the night, so I left her alone. She was new and just didn't know where her home was.

I guess he got her because she hasn't been back. I know they were doing some wing clipping, because they asked me how to do it. He has some beautiful game chickens and RIRs.

I was going to make a similar suggestion as Chickmate on your roosting poles--they say chickens like to roost on a flat surface, a 2x4 turned wide side up with the sharp edges smoothed off with sandpaper. No need to paint it or anything. That way they can hunker down and cover their feet with their chest feathers.

D.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom