I Built A Bridge!

Wow, the bridge is still here
wink.png

Hey, I am so sorry for not keeping in touch .. things have been so very, very hectic.

All is well with the girls and no dramas except that KiKi is one noisy little Frizzle
wink.png

Anyways, we are in the process of building a ‘tropical’ coop to give the girls more room and with a covered run which is well overdue with our subtropical climate.

It is early days and we still have a lot of work to do but imagine it stained, trimmed etc, wired underneath and an attached covered run.

I will post pics when we have finished.

PS. The slatted floor slides out .. very handy!

Site Inspectors!

Hey there Teila,
So good to hear from you. I wondered if you were still around. The girls are going to love their new coop. I bet it is going to be much easier for you to tend to them as well. I like the inspectors on the job. Are you going to paint it or stain it? What color? Isnt it fun to do something new for them? I get a big kick out of remodeling. I think I lay in bed at night trying to think of new things to do to improve their digs.If I dont stop adding to my flock I am going to have to move to more acreage!
barnie.gif

Now we need to hear from liz, tommysgirl and Italychickie.....
hugs.gif

Marie

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Rest in Peace KiKi 16/03/2015 - 22/04/2016

I woke up at 06:30AM and mentioned to Joel that the girls were very quiet and on looking out the window, not out of the coop yet, which is not normal.

Joel went out, came back, gave me a hug and said that KiKi was gone
hit.gif

I have no idea what happened, not a mark on her, she was running around the garden yesterday afternoon, causing mayhem, eating mealworms, harassing LuLu.

She did try and sleep in the nest box last night and I popped her on the roost but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. No signs of illness whatsoever and she laid a perfect egg on Wednesday and even her overnight poops up until she passed were normal.

I heard a cat fight at 3am but obviously not in the coop .. may be she stressed and/or had a heart attack .. guess I will never know and right now, totally gutted
hit.gif

Teila.
Just wanted to add that you are the best chicken mama I have ever known. I cry right along with you.
Marie

Thanks hon .. yep, still doing some shedding of tears but spending today with the girls, in the garden, lots of hugs and quality time. No one will ever be able to convince me otherwise that they are not feeling it also. The dynamics have obviously changed and they are all a little subdued today
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom