I Built A Bridge!

Still not finished but definitely getting there .........

Wow! Great job. Are they in there yet? They are loving it I bet. Whats the inside like? Do you have any pictures?
highfive.gif

Hey 16 paws yep they are in there and yep, they love it; so much more room in the coop. Also so much easier for me in that I can walk into the run and I do not have to keep a constant eye on the weather and juggle putting the covers on without risking them overheating. With our tropical weather it can be hot but raining.

No pics of the inside yet cos that is one of the bits we have not finished. The roosts are done and being used and while the nest boxes are sort of in, they need work which is not a problem currently because of the season and the fact that they are moulting; no eggs being laid
wink.png

It is raining today and it is sooo good to see them mooching around under the covered run, nice and dry.

Oh Teila, I just peaked on here and saw your sad news about Kiki! I am so sorry for your loss! She was a lovely girl and you lost her way too soon.
Your coop looks beautiful.
xo,
Liz

Hey 16 paws yep they are in there and yep, they love it; so much more room in the coop. Also so much easier for me in that I can walk into the run and I do not have to keep a constant eye on the weather and juggle putting the covers on without risking them overheating. With our tropical weather it can be hot but raining.

No pics of the inside yet cos that is one of the bits we have not finished. The roosts are done and being used and while the nest boxes are sort of in, they need work which is not a problem currently because of the season and the fact that they are moulting; no eggs being laid
wink.png

It is raining today and it is sooo good to see them mooching around under the covered run, nice and dry.
I am happy for you and the flock. You will enjoy all that new space. Having a covered run is the way to go. Looking forward to more pictures!
caf.gif

Hey Liz, thank you
hugs.gif

Thanks also Diva
hugs.gif

I do miss my noisy little peacock impersonator
sad.png

I could not let this year’s moult season go by without sharing embarrassing photos of Dusty. Good job we have a substantial supply of meal worms because she is not going to be impressed with me after I told her last year that I would not do it again
wink.png
While I had the camera out, I took the opportunity to take some up-to-date snaps of the whole flock.

Last night when she went to bed, Dusty had a tail, this afternoon she has half a tail …

Crystal is also moulting but rather than the bald-look, she has gone more for the unloved-waif-look …

LuLu was happy to show off all her new feathers and pleased that she has been there and done that without photos being taken ....

Blondie reckons that no moult is going to stop her looking like a Princess!

Cilla does not do moult, she just gets the underlings to do it for her
wink.png

Oh teila, I am so sorry to hear about Kiki. Sending hugs your way.
hugs.gif

Your new coop looks fantastic! Those girls sure do have it made!! Beautiful pictures as well-- ah Blondie, she is just so lovely. Nearly all of my hens look like unloved waifs, lol. Roosters are not always careful about feathers...

New chicks set to arrive this month!! Fingers crossed one or two go broody before then!

Good to see most of the old crew chatting it up in here. Take care all!

M

Back
Top Bottom