Anything I should add to coop?

Any reason they aren't allowed to be out during all daylight hours? Is it because you don't have a dedicated run area for them?

Build a run of sufficient size and you can probably bump it to 8 birds. You might need to add another nest box if that happens, though some flocks share nest space readily (mine do NOT).
Yea no dedicated run yet so when they are out they free range all over the yard, although I will up their free range time starting tmr I will let them out from 9am(when I wake) to sunset

Thank you I have 6, I will check it out tomorrow see where I can possibly add more roost space. Thanks
Not sure if I saw a roosting bar in the photos. If the plywood catwalks are where they are roosting, you may consider screwing down a 1.5" (38mm) branch on the catwalk for them to roost on. If they roost on the flat, they can develop sores and issues like Bumblefoot. Agree with others on getting them out on all that grass, but understand, one step at a time... I used four-foot fiberglass electric fence stakes (the step-in kind), zip ties, and some nylon deer netting to make a good temporary run for mine when I was getting started. Cheap and easy to move and rearrange, as well as put away when needed. Great for an impromptu quarantine as well. All in all, looks really cool, and would love to see the outside, too!

Back
Top Bottom