I cant believe this came out of his mouth....

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
... "It'd almost be worth getting a divorce, just on paper of course, to get the kids better insurance and to qualify DD for SSI"

Seriously?

Then my TIME magazine arrives and what is the cover story?

WHO NEEDS MARRIAGE?

barnie.gif

Not any worse than the few folks I've heard of claiming that their SO doesn't live with them, offers no support, etc so that they qualify for food stamps, medicaid, housing, etc. And get away with it for YEARS.

Meanwhile another couple I knew, Dad lost his job so they applied for help, got a job and there was the usual wait for the first check... H&HS prosecuted them because they didn't notify them when he got a job... they waited until he got his first actual income... they had to pay back every dime of food they got plus the few months of insurance on the kids PLUS some severe fines.

So go figure that one.

Quote:
I think it has more to do with the fact that marriage is penalized so heavily. That has pushed the mindset further and faster then ever.

Honestly, I am very saddened that marriage is regulated and "allowed" by the government.
I would greatly prefer it be a what it used to be. Married by the "church" under the laws set up by God.

I guess marriage doesn't mean much to alot of folks these days.

Insurance costs are insane. Sometimes you have to do something awful to properly provide for those you love.

I once fired an employee so he could get coverage under his wife's policy.​

Quote:
I think it has more to do with the fact that marriage is penalized so heavily. That has pushed the mindset further and faster then ever.

Honestly, I am very saddened that marriage is regulated and "allowed" by the government.
I would greatly prefer it be a what it used to be. Married by the "church" under the laws set up by God.

I agree marriage is penalized but it still seems alot of people don't value marriage these days. And I know some people do have a hard time providing insurance. The person I was referring to CAN afford to provide insurance for them and their family and chooses not to. They look to get whatever they can for free. That is what bothers me. I don't grudge people that are working and struggling to provide for their families.

Yeah, those kind do not sit well with me either
somad.gif

If goverment had not taken over marriage, I tend to think we would not have so many problems today
idunno.gif

I'd be better off financially with a divorce. Our tax situation would be a lot better...

Can't say I haven't considered it...

And here me and a bunch of my friends are fighting for the right to get married, so we can have all of those federal rights and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom