I Can't Eat My Hens Eggs!!!

Well then, I'll help out. Just mail them to New Jersey.
lol.png

The first problem I have with eat our own eggs is that I have not yet managed to teach any of the hens how to cook them for me
lol.png

The second problem I have is that with all my birds being Shamos, the hens spend most of their lives either being broody, or with a string of chicks to look after.

When I first got my birds, I did so because I wanted fresh eggs. I have since discovered that the breed I have tend to be a better deal in the meat department. You think rabbits reproduce, you should try the Shamos
lol.png
I'm too scared to even let one of the hens see a picture of an egg, for fear she'll be brooding in the morning
lol.png

BTW.......you need to try those eggs you're getting from your birds because there are no words to describe how much better they are than store bought rubbish.

When my girls first started laying eggs, I couldn't eat them! All I wanted to do is take pictures and show everyone... After the second egg, I had sunnyside up eggs over toast!!! Haven't had a problem since! LOL

Just HAD to purchase eggs (or that's what they advertise them as) for the first time in over a yr... Can't wait for the girls to start laying again...come on spring...

Quote:
I've gotten to the point that if I have to get store-bought eggs, I go to a local Asian market that sells fresh brown eggs that come from a family farm down in the Central Valley about an hour and a half from here. They are actually REALLY close in taste to farm-fresh (or in my case, backyard-fresh) eggs. Not QUITE the same, but a lot closer than those nasty excuses-for-eggs they sell in the styrofoam cartons at our average grocery store.

The other alternative is doing a quick search for fresh eggs on craigslist. A lot of folks with extra eggs for sale will advertise them on craigslist.

For the longest time, I couldn't eat eggs at all, couldn't stand the smell or taste. Then I had fresh eggs... OMG, what a colossal difference! That's when I just *had* to get my own chickens. Nasty store-bought eggs just weren't gonna do it for me anymore.

I STILL can't eat my own chickens eggs!!! I no it's strange but I buy mine from a farmer down the road and don't have
a problem at all eating his.
hu.gif

I used to go thru the drivethru at Mcds and request my breakfast sandwiches with just sausage and cheese - NO EGG!

With my home-grown eggs, I eat an english muffin every morning with an egg and a slice of cheese - best breakfast ever! Be careful though - fresh eggs are definitely addictive!

My whole issue at first was, "OMG! I know whose butt this came out of!!!"
yuckyuck.gif
. It took me a few days, then I made up a huge breakfast supper and fed all of us the eggs. A few months later, we went on vacation, and got a place with a kitchenette. The kids refused to eat any eggs, even when DH splurged and went to the local Whole Foods and paid $5 a dozen!!
th.gif

Once you try them you won't want any others. I realized that if I didn't eat the eggs, they were going to waste, and I would end up buying eggs from hens that ate who knows what!

Maybe go to the recipe section and try one of the recipes there? Then post here and let us know how they tasted!

Good luck!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom