I CAN'T FIND STANDARD COCHINS FOR SALE

JOSHSBANTAMS

Songster
11 Years
Oct 26, 2008
Utah
Hello everyone.
big_smile.png

I’m looking for some great quality Standard Cochins. The more I’ve looked into raising them, the more I see that they’re becoming more of a rarity. There doesn’t seem to be very many breeders out there. I have been able to talk with a couple of people and no one has anything available. If anyone has any they would like to sell me and ship to Utah, let me know.

I do not know how many you are looking for but Murray McMurray has standard cochins but you have to order 25 total. Another option is Cackle Hatchery out of MO, you only have to order 15 from them. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I was trying to stay away from the hatcheries if at all possible. I've heard that there is a big difference in the birds size compared to show breeders birds.
I might have to go with a hatchery if I can't find anyone else.

roll.png

Im thinking about ordering some from superior farms. I know its a hatchery but i heard the owner went to poultry shows and breeders who were selling out and bought most of his stock from them so if you buy from a hatchery i would buy form them. But thats just me. Hope it helped

Last edited:
Hun...these birds are NOT small by any means. In fact they went to the Shawnee Poultry show (over 2800 EXCELLENT birds) and won Reserve Champion Asiatic.

A white cochin of theirs won Best of Breed (out of all whites, blacks, blues and partridge cochins) overall which was about 30 cochins.

Quote:
Supirior farms has show quality birds they are the exception to the rule about hatchery quality birds these birds are great quality I have heard

Thanks for all the help. I think I might have to try Superiorfarms. I really don’t want to have to buy 25 chicks but if that’s what it will take to get them then that’s what I’ll have to do.

1mommahen your girls there are very pretty. I’m jealous.

I am in the same boat! I found one only to have a hawk kill her the second day I had her! We had never had hawk trouble before.

Back
Top Bottom