i cant give them water

Keziah

Songster
Sep 25, 2017
Hello, earlier i tried to give my girls water, but their door is stuck.. i tried pulling the door and hitting around it, but it is frozen through and through. please help me and give me suggestions on what to do!!!

Hello, earlier i tried to give my girls water, but their door is stuck.. i tried pulling the door and hitting around it, but it is frozen through and through. please help me and give me suggestions on what to do!!!
Very hot water works if it's frozen on the bottom. Just make sure it doesn't pool and freeze.

Last edited:
The people door? Like a regular door?
I'd take a hammer to the frame if you were just banging with your hands, and maybe a pry chisel can help you get it loose. (Try not to damage the door so much as to not be able to lock it back up, of course.)
I keep one of these handy in the winter for breaking up ice, clearing small gaps/door hinges of packed snow, etc.

Attachments

• 51ZtiE2QNYL._SX466_.jpg
    51ZtiE2QNYL._SX466_.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2
The people door? Like a regular door?
I'd take a hammer to the frame if you were just banging with your hands, and maybe a pry chisel can help you get it loose. (Try not to damage the door so much as to not be able to lock it back up, of course.)
I keep one of these handy in the winter for breaking up ice, clearing small gaps/door hinges of packed snow, etc.
Agree. Sudden, concentrated concussion works well on ice. Kicking and wiggling... not so much.

Idk about the OP, but
When my FOUR people door entrances to the barn (and thus the coop) freeze, I go through the run, which has a gate, and crawl through the chicken door. It is about 2' wide and 3' high max. I am a skinny person.

it is a normal people door, and i dont have a hammer or chissel on hand. I will try to use the hot water, but it is the top and bottom of the door that is frozen thanks for all the suggestions

Back
Top Bottom