I could lose my land for growing food!!

Quote:
What about when times get tough and you start trading food for materials or whatever your family may need?? Do you really think they won't try and mandate that?

I read it as for ANY food to be grown. They are just throwing in the "to be sold" as precident, to set a vague structure. IMO

I just want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I had heard about this on public radio yesterday and between the two... I just put together a letter to my congressperson (who is working on this bill - ugh!) and I also sent out an email to everyone I know.

Action is really necessary now!

thank you again!!!!

..... comment removed-staff....when is the people gonna start standing up for them selves?
everything is gettin out of hand

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment removed~staff

It just seems that nowadays many people people are ready to blame the govt. for just about anything. I have seen with my own eyes what harm big corporations can do. I am also personally aware of equally harmful and dangerous activity by small businesses and yes, farmers, that should be stopped. There was a butcher that set up shop in a community near here. He retired from Hormel Co. so everyone thought he must be OK. Turns out he was processing spoiled meat, mixing meats, switching orders, unclean processing facilities, you name it he was doing it all wrong. I personally got burned having him processing 2 pigs. We couldn't eat the meat it was so bad.

Guess who shut him down??? THE GOVERNMENT!!!
Good thing too!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly, proving that we already have enough laws in place that work, why do we need redundant laws that do nothing but provide us with additional red tape.

I am with Speckled Hen on this one. I will for SURE fight for the right to grow food and raise food on MY property. We have meat turkeys now for the holidays and you wouldn't believe the number of people that look at us like HOW COULD YOU????

Never mind we can't bring ourselves to do it - that is what the butcher is for.

please take a look at the bill, sorry about the bad butcher, but after you read the whole bill and you feel still feel like a man losing his life savings, home, his fortune, way of life, and land, because he produced organically you need to wake up, i dont know who else has served there country, but i sure as hell didnt serve, only to have some lobbyist controlled lawmaker to come up with that crap

I totally agree with speckledhen on this issue .

We will grow a garden each year to produce our own fruits and veggies and raise our own flocks so we know what they have been given and not pumped full of drugs etc. and process our our meats so we know it is done in a sanatary conditions etc.

tackyrama , sry you got a raw deal and yes he did need stoped.You brought up a really good point there !

There are bad apples out there as always but why take it out on everybody .The bad apples need weeded out but not stop everybody from everything !

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say but I think you intended it for me. I am a vereran and do not share the distrust of our govt. that you seem to have. I just feel we are becoming Paranoid in the U.S. When Obama was elected a lot of the people I have coffee with every AM were sure the world was coming to an end. Like one really believed it. He said "What's going to happen to us white people now?" SERIOUSLY he really said that. Another thing so many people believe is he's (Obama) going to take all our guns away. That is just not true. I looked up what he has really said about guns and NO he does not want to take any guns away. He has said even it he wanted to congress would not let him. What he is talking about is assault rifles and armor piercing ammo. Yeah!! I'm all in favor of taking that off the market. You just don't need an assault rifle for hunting a deer. Obama has been intentionally misquoted by certain groups and people who's motives are very suspicious to me.

When a large portion of our population believes that we never landed on the moon and say it's huge govt. conspiracy. CMON NOW!!! I think we've become a bit mad if we believe that.

It's the same thing with health care and now with this food bill. It's being blown all out of proportion. When I look around me I see all the time things that should be put a stop to. If anybody really thinks that businesses should be self regulating think again. It's been tried before. Think back to all the miners killed because companies didn't care about working conditions. Think about how we almost lost eagles and peregrin falcons to extinction because of the big chemical cos. Just to mention a couple. Without govt. laws and protections these would have been much worse.

In my own area a man was sentenced to 15 yrs in prison for burying toxic waste. The co. he worked for paid him to dispose of it and didn't ask how. He took it home and buried it on his land where it got in the ground water and poisoned lots of people badly. I'm glad the govt. had the guts to step in and correct things and I'm glad he got got 15 yrs.

Now this food bill might not sound too good to some people but I'm left wondering why? You got something to hide maybe?

My point is this: Some people don't trust the govt. Well I do not trust businesses - of any size. I do not trust ANY business to do the right thing. I do not even trust BYC to do the right thing. BYC has proven to me in the past just how one sided they can be. With any business it's all about the mighty dollar. That is why we need govt. regulations.

Back
Top Bottom